Search.search101sweets.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Search.search101sweets.com)
Search.search101sweets.com is a browser hijacker powered by Safer Browser. It comes with the potentially unwanted application called 101 Sweets. It gets distributed through free software bundles and is added to all of your browsers. The hijacker changes your browser settings and causes other unwanted alterations.
Although it has certain useful features, its intrusive behavior is hard to tolerate. The hijacker will flood you with ads, cause redirects to its sponsors, track your cookies, and more. If you want to eliminate these symptoms, you will have to delete Search.search101sweets.com completely.
Once 101 Sweets gets installed, it changes not only your new tab, but also your home page and default search provider. These settings get replaced with Search.search101sweets.com. At the top of the page, you will see the 101 Sweets Toolbar. It will contain a search box and the following quick access buttons: Food Network, Yummly, Epicurious, Simply Recipes, and Local Weather. The site itself will also present you with a search box and quick links to such websites as Facebook, Amazon, YouTube, Gmail, Twitter, and some others. If you make use of your new search engine, you will get results from Saferbrowser Yahoo Search. These results will include sponsored links. The links may be unsafe, because they are brought to you by the hijacker. This is not the best way to look for information online.
After the hijacker takes over, you will notice other symptoms as well. It will add various advertisements into your browsers and cause redirects to its sponsor pages. These activities will slow down your online surfing speed. They will also expose you to unsafe content as some of the adverts shown to you will be fake. If you wish to eliminate the unreliable data and thus improve your cyber security level, you should terminate Search.search101sweets.com.
How to remove Search.search101sweets.com?
Fortunately, Search.search101sweets.com removal is not too complicated. You can complete it manually or automatically. If you choose the first option, you will have uninstall 101 Sweets from your PC and your browser extensions, and fix your home page and default search provider settings. Manual removal instructions are presented below the article and if you follow them carefully, you should be able to delete Search.search101sweets.com without any difficulty. Alternative solution is to remove Search.search101sweets.com automatically. This can be done by implementing the anti-malware utility from our page. The security tool will scan your computer, detect all threats, and eliminate Search.search101sweets.com along with them. It will also keep your system safeguarded, so you do not have to deal with similar or more serious issues again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.search101sweets.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.search101sweets.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search.search101sweets.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.search101sweets.com and related programs.
Remove Search.search101sweets.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.search101sweets.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.search101sweets.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.search101sweets.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.search101sweets.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.search101sweets.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.search101sweets.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.search101sweets.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.search101sweets.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.search101sweets.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.