What is Search.searchcounn.com?
Search.searchcounn.com is a browser hijacker that usually enters your system together with an ad-supported application called Coupon Unity. The app is aimed at generating web traffic and thus earning revenue for its creators. It does so by exposing you to advertisements of all kinds. It is clear that there is nothing beneficial about keeping adware on your computer. Not only does it slow down your system’s performance, but it also disrupts your surfing and lowers your online security. That is we suggest that you terminate Search.searchcounn.com and its related program right away.
How does Search.searchcounn.com work?
Once Coupon Unity gets installed (usually it comes bundled with other freeware), it starts inserting various advertisements into your visited sites. It shows you pop-ups, links, coupons, banners, and other ads. There is no way to escape them no matter which browser you use or which domains you visit. The adverts slow down your surfing speed. Worse than that, however, they expose you to unreliable content, trusting which could result in you falling for virtual scams and suffering serious consequences. That is why we suggest staying away from all ads no matter what they claim to promote.
Along with the adware, you also get stuck with the browser hijacker. This means that your browser settings, i.e. your home page and default search engine get switched to Search.searchcounn.com without your approval. The website itself does not look like it can be trusted: it contains a fake advert right below the search box. If you enter a query into the box, you will be presented with sponsored links along with other results. It is clear that the settings modifications are a yet another way of exposing you to advertising data. As there is nothing useful about it, you should not hesitate to get rid of Search.searchcounn.com.
How to remove Search.searchcounn.com?
In order to eliminate Search.searchcounn.com for good, you will have to uninstall Coupon Unity from your computer first and then move on to restoring your browser settings. You can do that manually or automatically. If you choose to delete Search.searchcounn.com manually, you are welcome to use the instructions below the article. The more effective solution, however, would be to erase Search.searchcounn.com automatically. By using the anti-malware from our page, you will make sure that you clean your PC completely. In addition to Search.searchcounn.com removal, the security software will also safeguard your system from future infections you may encounter on the Internet.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchcounn.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.searchcounn.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.searchcounn.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchcounn.com and related programs.
Remove Search.searchcounn.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.searchcounn.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.searchcounn.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.searchcounn.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.searchcounn.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.searchcounn.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.searchcounn.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.searchcounn.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.searchcounn.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.searchcounn.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.