Search.searchlen.com Removal Guide
Search.searchlen.com is an undesirable search engine that users start seeing on their browsers after they install the software called Login Email Now. This software should enable users to access email easily; however, it only sets a new search engine, i.e. it modifies the settings of all the browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
Specialists do not think that it is a good idea to use Search.searchlen.com as the main search tool because this search engine is not trustworthy at all even though it looks quite reliable. If you do not want to cause harm to your PC, you need to delete Search.searchlen.com from browsers as soon as possible. We will help you to do that if you do not know how to get rid of it. All you need to do is to read the article and then try to remove Search.searchlen.com from browsers.
How does Search.searchlen.com work?
We understand that Search.searchlen.com looks like a trustworthy search provider; however, the truth is that it is going to show advertisements instead of providing completely trustworthy search results based on the entered keyword. Advertisements themselves will not allow you to find the relevant information on the web quickly. In addition, they might also take you to bad websites promoting malicious software. Therefore, it would be wise to delete Search.searchlen.com from browsers in the near future. After doing that, you could set another search engine that does not show advertisements and do not collect information about users. Yes, there is a possibility that Search.searchlen.com not only shows ads, but also gathers data about users and their activities in order to present them with relevant advertisements.
How is Search.searchlen.com distributed?
Search.searchlen.com comes together with the extension Login Email Now. This extension might have an official website; however, in most cases, it enters systems together with free applications that can be easily downloaded from third-party websites these days. In fact, other undesirable programs use the same distribution method too, so if you do not do anything, you might encounter another infection again. According to security specialists, users who wish to protect their computers from harm should immediately install security software after the Search.searchlen.com removal. The tool must be trustworthy if you want to prevent potentially unwanted programs, adware, Trojans, and other browser hijackers to enter your system. Believe us; tools from third-party websites and torrents are not trustworthy at all.
How can I uninstall Search.searchlen.com?
It will not be very easy to remove Search.searchlen.com from browsers. Of course, we do not say that an ordinary user cannot do that alone too. If you decide to go for the manual Search.searchlen.com removal, you should first try resetting your Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer browsers one by one. If this does not help you at all, terminate Search.searchlen.com in an automatic way. All you need to do is to acquire the trustworthy scanner, install it, and then perform the system scan. If the tool is reliable, it will make your system clean within seconds.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchlen.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.searchlen.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.searchlen.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchlen.com and related programs.
Remove Search.searchlen.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.searchlen.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.searchlen.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.searchlen.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.searchlen.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.searchlen.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.searchlen.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.searchlen.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.searchlen.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.searchlen.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.