What is Search.searchpcst.com?
Search.searchpcst.com is a browser hijacker that can enter your computer without you knowledge. It might just suddenly appear on your browser one day but you should be aware that it needs your permission to enter. You might be wondering how that happened. Well, you must have installed free software that had Search.searchpcst.com attached to it. Thankfully, it’s not a malicious computer virus and it will not harm your computer directly. What it will do is make unwanted changes to your browser and attempt to redirect you to sponsored web pages.
This is typical browser hijacker behavior so Search.searchpcst.com is nothing new. You should also know that the redirects could cause trouble. If you were to get redirected to a dangerous site, you might end up with malware accidentally. We probably do not need to say this, but you should remove Search.searchpcst.com as soon as possible.
Why should you delete Search.searchpcst.com?
You should always check if nothing is added to the software you are about to install. Many users end up with all kinds of unwanted items, like adware or bogus security software, as well as browser hijackers. Those items are set to install along side the freeware they are attached to, unless the user manually deselects it. It cannot be done in Default settings, so if you have a habit of using those settings, you should change that. What you need to do is select Advanced (Custom) settings. When you click on them, you will be given the option of unchecking all added items. If you uncheck Search.searchpcst.com, it does not install and you would not need to delete Search.searchpcst.com.
As soon as Search.searchpcst.com infiltrates your computer, it will take over your browsers, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. You will realize that your browser’s settings have been changed and that Search.searchpcst.com is set as you new homepage and new tabs. The only way to undo those changes would be to uninstall Search.searchpcst.com and then change the settings. Search.searchpcst.com will try to trick you into thinking the provided search engine uses Yahoo to generate results but that is not the case. If you look closer, you will see that it says Saferbrowser Yahoo. This means that Yahoo generated results will be modified to include sponsored websites. You will be led to all sorts of weird websites and all because Search.searchpcst.com wants to generate pay-per-click revenue. You might also end up on potentially harmful websites where you could run into malicious computer viruses. For these reasons, you should make sure to remove Search.searchpcst.com as soon as possible.
If you want to quickly uninstall Search.searchpcst.com, use a reliable removal tool. It will be able to take care of Search.searchpcst.com removal with minimum effort from you. However, you can also erase Search.searchpcst.com manually, for which instructions will be provided.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchpcst.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.searchpcst.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.searchpcst.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchpcst.com and related programs.
Remove Search.searchpcst.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.searchpcst.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.searchpcst.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.searchpcst.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.searchpcst.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.searchpcst.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.searchpcst.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.searchpcst.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.searchpcst.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.searchpcst.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.