What is search.showmoreabout.com?
Search.Showmoreabout.com is a browser hijacker promoting a dubious search engine. Hijackers can enter a computer with the help of free software and usually, users do not notice. That is because hijackers are hidden and users need to be attentive to notice them. If browser hijackers go unnoticed during the freeware installation process, they install. Fortunately, they will not harm your computer directly.
Essentially, a browser hijacker aims to make income by generating traffic for sponsored pages. And that basically means you will be redirected to those pages if you do not delete search.showmoreabout.com as soon as you notice. It will also make unwanted changes to your browsers. It may even expose you to malicious pages where malware could be lurking. If you want to ensure that your computer does not become infected with a serious virus, uninstall search.showmoreabout.com.
How does search.showmoreabout.com spread?
Users install browser hijackers together with free software. During the freeware installation, always choose Advanced or Custom settings and you will be able to prevent unwanted items, such as hijackers, from installing. You will get a clear list of what has been added and all you have to do is uncheck the boxes of those items. Had you done this the last time you installed freeware, you would not be stuck having to remove search.showmoreabout.com. Always pay attention to what you install onto your system. After all, it is your computer.
Why must you uninstall search.showmoreabout.com?
You may have already noticed but search.showmoreabout.com has been set as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. It does not matter which browser you use, whether it is Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. These changes will happen without your permission and cannot be undone unless you delete search.showmoreabout.com first. The promoted search engine will insert sponsored content into the search results so if you use it, you may be redirected to all kinds of unwanted sites. All because search.showmoreabout.com wants to generate pay-per-click income. In general, it does not look trustworthy. It may even expose you malicious sites. You could accidentally click on one of those sponsored results and end up on a site where viruses are lurking. If you are not careful, you may accidentally download one of those viruses. Many users just ignore the hijackers and just go about their regular business but you should not allow them to stay. Remove search.showmoreabout.com immediately.
We will provide instructions to help you erase search.showmoreabout.com manually but we recommend you obtain reliable removal software and have it terminate search.showmoreabout.com for you. Automatic search.showmoreabout.com removal would be the quicker option as the program would locate the hijacker.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove search.showmoreabout.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall search.showmoreabout.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like search.showmoreabout.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall search.showmoreabout.com and related programs.
Remove search.showmoreabout.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search.showmoreabout.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search.showmoreabout.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search.showmoreabout.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search.showmoreabout.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search.showmoreabout.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search.showmoreabout.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search.showmoreabout.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search.showmoreabout.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search.showmoreabout.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.