Search.speedbit.com Removal Instructions
Search.speedbit.com is a browser hijacker that comes with a browser extension called Speedbit Video Accelerator. The program is signed by Speed-Bit LTD and promoted at videoaccelerator.com. The website states that this application eliminates YouTube buffering and provides you with the best online video viewing experience.
If you download the software from this page, you will also see the pre-selected box, which states that you agree to make Speedbit your home page and default search engine. If you do not notice this box, you agree to the browser settings alterations without even realizing it. If you want to get back to using your regular search tools, you will have to delete Search.speedbit.com.
How does Search.speedbit.com work?
Speedbit Video Accelerator can be used to search for various videos to watch online. It has been associated with such video hosting websites as AOL, Amazon, Yahoo, Vimeo, HBO, Metacafe, YouTube and some others. The free services include Normal video acceleration and High Quality video acceleration. If, however, you wish to watch videos in high definition, you will have to purchase the Premium License, which costs $24.95. This license also enables the iTunes download acceleration.
The reason why some computers may have problems with the application is because it alters their browser settings, switching their home page and default search engine to Search.speedbit.com. The website contains a search box and quick access links labeled Favorite sites. If you make use of the presented search box, you will get results that are filled with advertising content. These sponsored links may be unsafe. We suggest that you do not click on them.
Hot to remove Search.speedbit.com?
If you want to eliminate Search.speedbit.com from your browsers, you will have to uninstall Speedbit Video Accelerator and reset your browser settings. This can be done manually or automatically. If you choose to erase Search.speedbit.com manually, you can use the instructions we have prepared below. If, however, you want to go with a more reliable solution, you should terminate Search.speedbit.com automatically. Download and install the anti-malware tool from our website. Let it scan your system, detect and delete Search.speedbit.com along with its associated program and other potential threats.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.speedbit.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.speedbit.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.speedbit.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.speedbit.com and related programs.
Remove Search.speedbit.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.speedbit.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.speedbit.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.speedbit.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.speedbit.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.speedbit.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.speedbit.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.speedbit.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.speedbit.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.speedbit.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.