What is Search.testmyspeeds.co?
Search.testmyspeeds.co is a browser hijacker advertising a questionable search engine. The hijacker must have entered your computer together with free software. When installing free software, it is important that you pay close attention to how you do it because if you miss added items, such as adware or hijackers, they will be allowed to install automatically. If you install Search.testmyspeeds.co onto your computer, you will suddenly find that your browser’s settings have been changed and you are stuck with a new homepage.
These changes are carried out without your explicit permission and cannot be undo unless you delete Search.testmyspeeds.co first. It aims to generate income by exposing you to sponsored content, so do not be surprised if you find yourself on weird pages. You could even end up with malware on your computer. We strongly suggest you remove Search.testmyspeeds.co before it can bring about trouble.
How does Search.testmyspeeds.co spread?
All browser hijackers use the same way to enter computers and that is via free software bundles. They are attached to freeware in a way that allows them to install without your explicit permission. You can prevent this by deselecting the added items when installing freeware. Use Advanced or Custom settings and you will see what has been added. Just uncheck those couple of boxes, and you will be able to continue installing the freeware. This does not take any extra time so you should stop using Default settings. That is probably the reason why you are stuck having to delete Search.testmyspeeds.co in the first place.
Why uninstall Search.testmyspeeds.co?
As soon as this hijacker enters your computer, it will take over your browsers, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. When you open your browser, you will find that Search.testmyspeeds.co has been set as your homepage and new tabs, and you cannot undo the changes. You would first need to remove Search.testmyspeeds.co because it implements helper tools to prevent you from changing the settings. You will be presented with a search engine and an option to test your Internet speed. We do no suggest using any of the provided services as the search engine will generate sponsored pages so that you would be redirected to those sites and income could be made. Making money by redirecting is the main reason why a hijacker even exists. It will not bring anything beneficial. In fact, Search.testmyspeeds.co could redirect you to malicious web pages where malware is waiting for you. If you are not careful, you could end up with a serious malware infection on your computer. Delete Search.testmyspeeds.co.
In order to fully uninstall Search.testmyspeeds.co, we recommend getting professional removal software. The program would locate and erase Search.testmyspeeds.co fully without you having to do anything. Manual Search.testmyspeeds.co removal may be difficult as you would need to locate the hijacker yourself and hijackers tend to be hidden.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.testmyspeeds.coUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.testmyspeeds.co. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.testmyspeeds.co and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.testmyspeeds.co and related programs.
Remove Search.testmyspeeds.co from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.testmyspeeds.co from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.testmyspeeds.co from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.testmyspeeds.co from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.testmyspeeds.co or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.testmyspeeds.co from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.testmyspeeds.co from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.testmyspeeds.co from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.testmyspeeds.co from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.testmyspeeds.co and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.