About this infection
Search Weather Forecast is a dubious browser extension, also considered to be a browser hijacker. It’s not a malicious infection, in case you were worried about that, but it’s best you deal with it right away. It is advertised as a useful weather forecast extension so you might have willingly installed it but it’s more likely that it was attached to freeware, and you accidentally miss it.
It will make changes to your browser, add additional toolbars and possibly redirect you to sponsored content. This is how most hijacker behave as that is how they generate income. We doubt you will find it useful so it may be best you uninstall Search Weather Forecast Virus, especially since it may be able to expose you to malicious sites.
How do hijackers spread?
Browser hijackers are attached to freeware as extra offers, ones that you need to deselect. In order to be able to do so, always choose Advanced or Custom settings because there you will be able to see if anything has been added. If there is something, make sure you deselect it/them. Default settings, unlike Advanced, do not inform you properly about added offers, so you might miss something if you use them. Rushing is also not recommended for the same reason. Pay attention to what you install and how you do it. Whether you installed it yourself or not, we would recommend you delete Search Weather Forecast Virus.
Why remove Search Weather Forecast Virus?
The extension might seem useful at first because it provides weather forecasts but there are much better extensions out there. Ones that will not sneakily install. The extension will attach itself to your browser, add a weird toolbar, and change your homepage/new tabs. Those changes will be performed without your explicit permission, and will be irreversible unless you first uninstall Search Weather Forecast Virus. We would not recommend engaging with the extension or the site that it sets as your homepage. These kinds of extensions aim to make income by redirecting you to certain sites so that the owners of those sites could make income from traffic. Hijackers perform these redirects via search engines by inserting links among legitimate results. Some hijackers are also able to lead to malicious sites this way. If you were unlucky, you could end up with some kind of malware. We would strongly recommend you delete Search Weather Forecast Virus if you want to avoid a possible infection.
Search Weather Forecast Virus removal
If you choose to remove Search Weather Forecast Virus, you have two ways to do it. You can perform manual Search Weather Forecast Virus removal but that may take more time because you would have to find the hijacker yourself. Instead, we recommend you employ anti-spyware software and have it do everything for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search Weather Forecast VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search Weather Forecast Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search Weather Forecast Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search Weather Forecast Virus and related programs.
Remove Search Weather Forecast Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search Weather Forecast Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search Weather Forecast Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search Weather Forecast Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search Weather Forecast Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search Weather Forecast Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search Weather Forecast Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search Weather Forecast Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search Weather Forecast Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search Weather Forecast Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.