What is Search.worthut.com?
Search.worthut.com is a browser hijacker aimed at Mac users. That, however, does not mean that it cannot enter your system, if you are using Windows. The hijacker is similar to a number of other web browser hijackers that come from the same developers. The goal of any hijacker is to boost the web traffic of their sponsors. That is why in addition to altering your browser settings, it also inserts adverts into your browsers and causes redirects to unfamiliar domains. If you wish to return to your original preferences, you should terminate Search.worthut.com.
How does Search.worthut.com work?
The hijacker changes your settings upon arrival replacing your home page and default search engine with Search.worthut.com. This change is not the only one caused by the hijacker, although it is likely to be the one that you will notice first. Each time you open your browsers, you will see the hijacker’s main site. It contains a search box and not much else. If you make use of the box, you will get results containing sponsored links. You will see more relevant references as well, however, the sponsored links will always appear at the top of the page.
It is imperative that you know that the advertising data shown to you by the hijacker including the sponsored links in the search results and various adverts that you will see on other pages may be unreliable. This data is not endorsed by the hijacker, so it could be false. Clicking on fake ads and links could result in you landing on a corrupted site and falling for an online scam. If you do not wish to risk your computer and your personal information safety, you should stay away from all ads until you make sure that Search.worthut.com removal is completed.
How to remove Search.worthut.com?
Two options to choose from are manual and automatic Search.worthut.com removal. If you decide to erase Search.worthut.com manually, you are welcome to use the instructions we have prepared below the article. They explain how to delete the hijacker’s related program and restore your browsers. The more reliable solution, however, would be to terminate Search.worthut.com automatically, because it comes with additional benefits. If you use the security tool from our page, it will scan your PC and detect all threats. It will eliminate Search.worthut.com and other unwanted components. Moreover, the anti-malware also comes with malware prevention capabilities, so it can keep your computer safe and protected in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.worthut.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.worthut.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.worthut.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.worthut.com and related programs.
Remove Search.worthut.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.worthut.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.worthut.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.worthut.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.worthut.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.worthut.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.worthut.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.worthut.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.worthut.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.worthut.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- what is worthut
- remove worthut
- uninstall Worthut
- worthut com
- what is worthut?
- how to remove worthut
- what is worthut com
- what is Worthut search?
- how to delete worthut
- what is search worthut
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.