About this hijacker
If you are constantly redirected to Search63.com when you open your browser, you probably have a browser hijacker installed. Hijackers aren’t serious infections but they shouldn’t be allowed to remain installed on a computer. They make changes to browser’s settings without permission and try to redirect to sponsored websites. This makes hijackers very noticeable infections. Unfortunately, a lot of users either do not recognize them as threats or do not care about their computer being infected. Even if they won’t directly harm your computer, hijackers can redirect to dubious or even malware-infected websites.
Oftentimes, hijackers pretend to be useful and claim to provide search engines with superior results but that is not the case at all. Those seemingly useful features can be found on legitimate browser extensions, so there is no need to keep hijackers.
In addition to them making unwanted changes and causing redirects, hijackers also install without explicit permission. They come attached to freeware and may install alongside without you explicitly agreeing to it. This is why you should delete Search63.com.
How do hijackers spread?
Browser hijackers use the bundling method to spread, which means they are attached to freeware as extra offers. They come preselected so they’re permitted to install alongside the program. If you don’t want those attached offers to install alongside, you need to be more careful about how you install programs. Choose Advanced (Custom) settings during program installation and if any offers are shown, deselect them. We don’t recommend allowing any of the offers to install because if they use the bundling method, they’re probably more harmful than useful. You won’t install a dangerous malware this way, but browser hijackers, adware and other potentially unwanted programs are plenty annoying to deal with so be careful about how you install programs.
Why uninstall Search63.com?
You will notice when a hijacker installs onto your computer right away. It will change your browser’s settings and set its promoted website as your homepage. These changes will be irreversible unless you first get rid of the hijacker. The site that will be set as your homepage is very bare and only has a search box. It very clearly tries to resemble Google and likely wants users to think it is. If you use the search engine, the majority of results will be ads or leading to questionable websites. You should be careful about which results you click on because you could end up on a site that has malware on it. That malware could download onto your computer and you might not even notice. Those results will also likely have nothing to do with what you were looking for, so you have no business visiting them anyway.
Hijackers also collect information about users and their browsing habits. IP addresses, sites visited and search queries will be collected by hijackers, and while it’s not personal information, it’s still data hijackers should not have about you.
If you want to remove Search63.com, you have two options, manually or automatically. While manual removal may be more difficult if you have not done it before, you can find instructions below this article. If you would prefer the automatic method, obtain anti-spyware software, scan your device and have the program get rid of the hijacker.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search63.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search63.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search63.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search63.com and related programs.
Remove Search63.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search63.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search63.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search63.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search63.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search63.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search63.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search63.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search63.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search63.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.