What is Searchguide.level3.com?
Searchguide.level3.com is a browser hijacker that is promoting a highly suspicious search engine. The hijacker must have entered your computer together with free software. The hijacker was attached to the freeware and because you did not notice it, it was allowed to install. You need to learn better installation habits if you wish to avoid these situations in the future.
Browser hijackers are generally not malicious but they do, however, make unwanted changes to browsers and attempt to redirect to sponsored pages. By redirecting you to those sites, it is generating traffic, which in turn makes money. Since they are not malicious, they will not harm your computer directly. However, hijackers may be able to redirect you to malicious pages where malware could be lurking. If you do not wan to risk infecting your computer with serious malware, we suggest you remove Searchguide.level3.com now.
How does Searchguide.level3.com spread?
Browser hijackers spread with the help of software bundles. Searchguide.level3.com was attached to some kind of freeware you got from the Internet and you missed it during installation. You should always choose Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware. If you do, you will be given a list of what has been added and if there is something, you will be able to deselect it/them. All you have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes and you can proceed to install the freeware. If you do not want to end up having to uninstall Searchguide.level3.com or similar again, always use Advanced and pay close attention to the process.
Why delete Searchguide.level3.com?
The hijacker will take over all your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The settings of those browsers will be changed without your permission and you will be stuck with Searchguide.level3.com as your homepage until you remove Searchguide.level3.com. Until then, every time you open your browser, you will be redirected to Searchguide.level3.com. If you have active anti-malware software on your computer, access to the page might be blocked because it has potentially dangerous content. If you do enter the site, you will be presented with a search engine that will generate sponsored content. Do not click on any of the results because you may end up on all sorts of weird pages. You could even end up with malware if you are not careful. We strongly recommend you uninstall Searchguide.level3.com.
Depending on how experienced you are with computers, you have two options when it comes to Searchguide.level3.com removal. You can obtain professional removal software and have it delete Searchguide.level3.com for you. That would be the quickest option as the program would do everything for you. You can also choose to eliminate Searchguide.level3.com manually but that means that you will have to locate the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchguide.level3.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchguide.level3.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Searchguide.level3.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchguide.level3.com and related programs.
Remove Searchguide.level3.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchguide.level3.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchguide.level3.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchguide.level3.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchguide.level3.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchguide.level3.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchguide.level3.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchguide.level3.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchguide.level3.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchguide.level3.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.