What is Searchmaster.net?
Searchmaster.net is a browser hijacker promoting a dubious search engine. It is not a malicious computer virus so there is no need to be too alarmed if you notice Searchmaster.net in your browser. Browser hijackers are not considered to be malware nor do they aim to harm your computer. However, they have no place in your system.
Searchmaster.net aims to generate income by redirecting you to sponsored pages and in order to do this, it will change your browser’s settings. If you have noticed Searchmaster.net in your browser, you need to learn better installation habits because you allowed the hijacker to enter yourself. It is attached to free software and when you install it, you need to check for added items, and if there is something, you need to deselect it. Only this way can you prevent added items, like Searchmaster.net, from installing. If you want to return to normal browsing, you will need to remove Searchmaster.net from the system.
How does Searchmaster.net spread?
Browser hijackers spread via software bundles. They are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install alongside. If you wish to avoid these unwanted installations, you need to use Advanced (Custom) settings during freeware installation and manually deselect what has been added. All you have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes so it does not take any extra time. Do not rush through the installation process because you will end up with all kinds of unwanted items. You should ensure that you prevent any added items from installing because having to delete Searchmaster.net or similar may be difficult.
Why uninstall Searchmaster.net?
If this hijacker is on your computer, when you open your browser, you will see Searchmaster.net. It has been set as your homepage and new tabs without your explicit permission. You will also be unable to undo the changes unless you first remove Searchmaster.net. The web page itself has a nice background, shows the date and time, and has a search box at the top. If you were to type in a search, you would be shown a lot of sponsored content mixed into the legitimate results. That can be highly irritating when you are searching for something urgently. You should remember that hijackers aim to generate income by redirect you so it is not surprising that you are exposed to such large amounts of it. You may even be exposed to malicious content, which is why you should delete Searchmaster.net.
If you want to uninstall Searchmaster.net fully, you may need to obtain professional removal software. The program would be able to take care of Searchmaster.net removal fully and you would not need to do anything. You can also choose to erase Searchmaster.net manually but that may be time-consuming as you would need to locate the hijacker yourself. After you eliminate Searchmaster.net, you can change the browser’s settings and return to usual browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchmaster.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchmaster.net. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Searchmaster.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchmaster.net and related programs.
Remove Searchmaster.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchmaster.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchmaster.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchmaster.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchmaster.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchmaster.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchmaster.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchmaster.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchmaster.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchmaster.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.