Searchoko.com is a browser hijacker that installs without you knowing. Browser hijackers are not serious computer threats and exists for the purpose of redirecting you to sponsored websites. If you find that your browser’s settings have been changed without your knowledge, you might have a browser hijacker on your computer.
They usually install along with freeware, so if you want to avoid installing unwanted items, pay more attention to installation processes. Even though Searchoko.com is not a direct threat to your computer, it should not remain on your computer. Browser hijackers can sometimes redirect users to potentially dangerous websites and the user could end up with malware on their computer. For this reason, we strongly suggest you remove Searchoko.com from your computer.
How does Searchoko.com spread?
All browser hijackers usually install on a computer via free software. It’s attached to freeware and most users are not aware of it being there. That is because they use Default settings when installing freeware, which means the browser hijackers goes unnoticed and installs automatically. Those added items are hidden in Advanced (Custom) settings, so if you want to avoid installing something you do not want, use those settings. You will be able to clearly see what is attached and if you do not want them, you can prevent their installation. Always pay attention to the installation process because you can never know what could be attached to freeware. And if you did accidentally install it, delete Searchoko.com.
Why do I need to uninstall Searchoko.com?
Browser hijackers exist for the purpose of redirecting you to sponsored websites. In order to do that, they need to change your browser’s settings. Your homepage, new tabs and search engine could be changed to Searchoko.com and every time you open your browser, you could be redirected to that website. If you use the search engine, you might notice that it has inserted a lot of sponsored content into the results. Ads might also become a bit more annoying than usual. Those weird search results and ads will redirect you to certain websites. Those websites earn money from the traffic it gets. And browser hijackers generate that traffic. So Searchoko.com is not there to make your browsing experience better, it’s there to make money. Now that we made clear what the main purpose of Searchoko.com is, we strongly recommend you think about Searchoko.com removal.
You have two ways to delete Searchoko.com, automatically and by hand. Automatically having to uninstall Searchoko.com means you would use anti-malware software. If you do not want to do that, you can erase Searchoko.com by hand. By hand removal means you will need to find and remove Searchoko.com related programs. Instructions on how to do that will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchoko.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchoko.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchoko.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchoko.com and related programs.
Remove Searchoko.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchoko.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchoko.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchoko.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchoko.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchoko.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchoko.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchoko.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchoko.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchoko.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.