What is Searchtds.ru?
Searchtds.ru is a browser hijacker that must have entered your computer together with free software. If you do not remember installing this hijacker , you need to star paying closer attention to how you install freeware. You essentially allowed the hijacker to install yourself. It was attached to freeware and you missed it. If a hijacker goes unnoticed, it is allowed to install alongside the freeware.
A browser hijacker is not a serious computer infection and it merely aims to generate income by redirecting you to sponsored pages. It will also make unwanted changes to your browser so that it can redirect you easier. While it is not malicious, browser hijackers can bring about serious trouble by redirecting you to malicious pages. Malware could be lurking there and you might end up obtaining that malware. We strongly suggest you delete Searchtds.ru.
How does Searchtds.ru spread?
Browser hijackers use the bundling method to spread and that means that they are attached to free software. If you have a habit of installing free software, you need to learn how to do it correctly. Always pay attention when installing freeware and use Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings will allow you to deselect what has been added and you will be able to proceed to install the freeware. You just have to uncheck a couple of boxes so it does not take up any extra time. We suggest you always use those settings, and avoid Default because otherwise, you will end up with all kinds of unwanted programs. And having to remove Searchtds.ru or similar is troublesome, so it’s best you prevent the bundled items from installing in the beginning.
Why uninstall Searchtds.ru?
As soon as it installs onto your computer, the hijacker will take over all your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Your browser’s settings will be changed and Searchtds.ru will be set as your homepage. These changes are carried out without your permission and you will not be able to undo them unless you first delete Searchtds.ru from the system, which you are probbaly eager to do anyway. Browser hijackers provide users with a different search engine so that it can be used to redirect the users to sponsored content. When the users use the search engine, they are given sponsored results and if they were to click on them, the hijacker would generate income. In some cases, hijackers can lead users to malicious pages where viruses are lurking. If you do not want to end up with a serious infection, you need to remove Searchtds.ru.
The best way to uninstall Searchtds.ru would be to use professional removal software. The program would be able to take care of Searchtds.ru removal quickly and you would not need to do anything. However, if you do not wish to get the program, you can erase Searchtds.ru yourself. Instructions to help you eliminate Searchtds.ru will be provided below this article but you will have to locate the hijacker first, and that may be difficult as it is hidden.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchtds.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchtds.ru. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Searchtds.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchtds.ru and related programs.
Remove Searchtds.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchtds.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchtds.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchtds.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchtds.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchtds.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchtds.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchtds.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchtds.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchtds.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.