What is Securesurf.biz?
Securesurf.biz looks like a trustworthy search provider; however, in reality, it is nothing more than a browser hijacker that enters computers without permission with an intention of changing the settings of all the browsers, including such popular ones as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Talking more specifically, this infection will set itself as your homepage, search engine, and, probably, the New Tab page, which means that you will see the presence of this questionable search engine every day.
You might think that it is not dangerous at all to use this search engine as the default search engine; however, you should know that it is not true. According to malware experts, securesurf.biz might cause harm to the computer very quickly, especially if you use its search box. Therefore, we suggest that you remove securesurf.biz from browsers now and then find another search tool to set, e.g. Google or Yahoo.
What does Securesurf.biz do?
If you see securesurf.biz on your browsers, it means that a browser hijacker has secretly entered your computer. securesurf.biz has definitely not been created to help users find the information on the web more quickly because it returns search results that contain a bunch of advertisements and third-party links. These search results do not seem harmful; however, the truth is that they might quickly redirect to untrustworthy websites. Some of these websites might even promote malicious software, which means that you can end up with Trojans, adware, potentially unwanted programs, and other computer infections quickly. Another drawback of securesurf.biz is that it records information about the user’s Internet activities, for example, it is interested in which websites users visit, links they click on, search queries, and other details. Some specialists also say that it might record personal details too if you submit them yourself, which might lead to the violation of your privacy. To prevent this from happening, you need to uninstall securesurf.biz from browsers as soon as possible.
How did Securesurf.biz browser hijacker enter my computer?
securesurf.biz browser hijacker is promoted using the distribution method bundling. In other words, this infections comes together with free programs, so it is capable of entering computers unnoticed. There are many other undesirable programs that are spread this way, so you should be very careful. First of all, we suggest installing freeware carefully and choosing sources wisely. Secondly, it is very important that you install security software on your PC right after you delete securesurf.biz from your browsers.
How can I remove securesurf.biz browser hijacker?
It is a must to delete securesurf.biz as soon as possible if you do not want to allow a bunch of other computer infections to sneak onto your PC. It is possible to erase this threat manually; however, it will not be very easy to do that since it does not have an uninstaller. Therefore, we suggest that you go for the automatic securesurf.biz removal. All you need to do to get rid of it is to scan the system with a trustworthy automatic scanner once.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SECURESURF.BIZUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SECURESURF.BIZ. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SECURESURF.BIZ and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall SECURESURF.BIZ and related programs.
Remove SECURESURF.BIZ from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SECURESURF.BIZ from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SECURESURF.BIZ from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SECURESURF.BIZ from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SECURESURF.BIZ or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SECURESURF.BIZ from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SECURESURF.BIZ from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SECURESURF.BIZ from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SECURESURF.BIZ from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SECURESURF.BIZ and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.