What is shurl0ckr ransomware virus?
shurl0ckr ransomware virus is a yet another infection that attempts to extort money from you by corrupting your data files. It is similar to CTB-locker. CryptoWall, Chimera, and other ransomware that use the same tactic. The parasite spreads online through fake ads, spam emails, hacked websites, corrupted links, and so on. Once inside, it encrypts your data, thus restricting access to it, and demands that you make a payment in order to decrypt your files. We do not recommend following the instructions given to you by cyber criminals. Instead, we suggest that you terminate shurl0ckr ransomware virus as soon as you can.
How does shurl0ckr ransomware virus work?
After shurl0ckr ransomware infiltrates your computer, it starts scanning your drives for data files. It encrypts your photos, videos, documents, and other types of files and adds the .shurl0ckr extension to them, which is where the malicious program takes its name. You cannot access any of the encrypted files without a decryption key. After the encryption process is complete, the parasite creates a text file containing information on what has happened to your data and how you can fix it.
The so-called ransom note explains that your files have been encrypted with “strongest encryption and unique key” and that the only way for you to recover your data is by obtaining the private key. The price of the key may vary on the version of the malware, however, the time limit that is given for you to make the payment is usually 12 hours. As it has already been stated, you should not waste your money by following the demands of the cyber crooks. There is no way for you to be sure that you will regain access to your files, even if you pay them. We advise that you get rid of shurl0ckr ransomware virus and try other ways of recovering your data.
How to remove shurl0ckr ransomware virus?
In order to completely eliminate shurl0ckr ransomware virus from your computer, you will have to make use of a powerful anti-malware utility. You can download the malware remover from our page and use it to scan and clean your PC. The security software will detect all malign components present on our computer and erase shurl0ckr ransomware virus along with them. In addition to shurl0ckr ransomware virus removal, the utility will also ensure your system’s safety in the future by shielding it from various Internet-based threats like Trojans, viruses, worms, adware, rootkits, and so on. After you delete shurl0ckr ransomware virus, you will be able to try different recovery methods like using file decryptors or such Windows features as System Restore and Shadow Volume Copies.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove shurl0ckr ransomware virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall shurl0ckr ransomware virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like shurl0ckr ransomware virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete shurl0ckr ransomware virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove shurl0ckr ransomware virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove shurl0ckr ransomware virus
Remove shurl0ckr ransomware virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete shurl0ckr ransomware virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete shurl0ckr ransomware virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete shurl0ckr ransomware virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.