SNSLocker Ransomware Removal Tips
SNSLocker Ransomware is a ransomware-type infection that was created for two purposes: to encrypt files and then demand a ransom. It has been observed that SNSLocker Ransomware enters systems without permission; however, you will immediately notice if this threat infects your computer because your files will be locked and the .cerber extension will be added to them.
It has been noticed that SNSLocker Ransomware encrypts files whose original extensions are these: .jpg, .raw, .doc, .avi, and others. In other words, this ransomware infection encrypts pictures, documents, and all other important files. Unfortunately, it is a very hard task to unlock these files, so it is easier to delete SNSLocker Ransomware from the system. After doing that, you will be able to recover your files without paying money to cyber criminals, i.e. you can recover them easily if you have copies.
How does SNSLocker Ransomware act?
SNSLocker Ransomware will encrypt files and then will put a message on the screen informing users what they have to do in order to unlock them. Also, it will create several files on the Desktop with instructions. At the time of research, the ransom equals 1.24 Bitcoin, which is approximately $546.72. After seven days, the ransom will double, and you will have to give 2.48 Bitcoin to cyber criminals. As you can see, it is very expensive. Besides, it is unclear whether cyber criminals will do what they say, i.e. unlock files. Therefore, the cleverest decision would be to delete SNSLocker Ransomware and then try to recover files in a different way. You should uninstall SNSLocker Ransomware from your system also because this undesirable software might now allow you to use your computer. In addition, it might download other malware on your PC, and it will also encrypt your new files.
How is SNSLocker Ransomware distributed?
SNSLocker Ransomware comes as a file in spam emails. Users who download that file immediately allow SNSLocker Ransomware to enter the system. Unfortunately, there are many users who download malicious file because spam emails look decent and the text inside them tries to convince people to download the file. If you want to be sure that your files are not encrypted again in the future, install security software on your PC. As long as you keep it there, malware will not be able to enter your computer. Of course, it does not mean that you do not need to be careful on the web yourself.
How can I remove SNSLocker Ransomware from my computer?
We do not recommend trying to remove SNSLocker Ransomware in a manual way because it is an extremely difficult job. It is because this threat modifies the system registry and creates files on the infected system. The quickest and easiest way, in our opinion, is to implement the automatic SNSLocker Ransomware removal. You simply need to install reliable security tool on your computer, and it will perform the SNSLocker Ransomware removal for you within seconds. In addition, it will take care of additional threats that might have entered previously.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SNSLocker RansomwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SNSLocker Ransomware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SNSLocker Ransomware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SNSLocker Ransomware and related programs.
Remove SNSLocker Ransomware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SNSLocker Ransomware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SNSLocker Ransomware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SNSLocker Ransomware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SNSLocker Ransomware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SNSLocker Ransomware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SNSLocker Ransomware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SNSLocker Ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SNSLocker Ransomware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SNSLocker Ransomware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.