SocialNewPage Removal Tips (Uninstall SocialNewPage)
SocialNewPage extension is classified as a potentially unwanted program, even though it is promoted as a tool that can provide you with quick access to social media and online search. The reason that it is classified as potentially unwanted is because it travels in freeware bundles and causes certain unwanted changes.
It must be stated, however, that the add-on is also available in Chrome Web Store. If you acquired it by accident, you should not hesitate to delete SocialNewPage. The software may have entered your PC with additional unwanted applications, which is why we suggest that after SocialNewPage removal, you also check your computer for other threats.
How does SocialNewPage work?
The potentially unwanted program may be promoted as a beneficial utility, but all it does is provide you with quick access links, a feature that you can configure on your browser without any additional extensions. The application may also alter your browser settings and switch your home page and default search provider to Search.socialnewpagesearch.com. This site may contain various ads and show you search results filled with sponsored links. Various advertisements may also appear on other pages that you visit and slow down your online surfing speed.
SocialNewPage (also known as Social Search Tab) was developed by Imali Media Ltd. This company is infamous for releasing various apps that are not exactly useful. Their main aim is usually to make money off of computer users by exposing them to advertising content. It is important that you know that the adverts shown to you in your browsers are not endorsed by Imali and they could be fake. By clicking on them, you risk landing on malicious sites and infecting your computer with unsafe programs, wasting your money, or falling for some other trick. If you wish to improve your online safety level, you should remove SocialNewPage.
How to remove SocialNewPage?
You can delete SocialNewPage manually or automatically. Manual SocialNewPage removal should not take up too much time. Instructions are presented below the article and you are welcome to use them. Please note that you may have other unwanted applications on your PC that should be deleted as well. If you wish to terminate SocialNewPage along with other threats automatically, you will have to use a malware removal utility. The anti-malware tool provided on our page can scan your computer, detect and eliminate all unwanted files and programs. Moreover, it can also keep your computer safeguarded from other Internet-based parasites for as long as you have it installed and updated.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SocialNewPageUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SocialNewPage. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like SocialNewPage and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall SocialNewPage and related programs.
Remove SocialNewPage from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SocialNewPage from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SocialNewPage from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SocialNewPage from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SocialNewPage or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SocialNewPage from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SocialNewPage from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SocialNewPage from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SocialNewPage from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SocialNewPage and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.