How to remove SpecialSearchOption from Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge
SpecialSearchOption redirects are occurring because of an adware on your device. You permitted the ad-supported application to install yourself, it occurred during a free program installation. If you are not familiar with what an adware is, you might be baffled about everything. The adware will generate intrusive pop-up advertisements but will not directly jeopardize your operating system, as it’s not malware. Advertising-supported software can, however, lead to a much more serious contamination by redirecting you to a malicious site. If you want for your system to stay safe, you will need to remove SpecialSearchOption.
How does an adware work
freeware is a favored way for advertising-supported software to spread. If you regularly download freeware then you must know that certain items will come together with it. Advertising-supported applications, reroute viruses and other possibly unneeded programs (PUPs) are among those attached. If Default settings are picked during freeware set up, all additional items will install. Picking Advanced (Custom) settings would be better instead. You will be able to check for and untick all extra offers in those settings. You can never know what kind of offers may come with freeware so you should always select those settings.
As soon as the ad-supported software is inside your OS, it will start generating advertisements. Whether you favor Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, they will all be affected. You will only be able to get rid of the advertisements if you remove SpecialSearchOption, so you ought to proceed with that as soon as possible. You are encountering the adverts because ad-supported software wish to generate revenue.Adware might every now and then present doubtful downloads, and you should never proceed with them.Select official web pages when it comes application downloads, and refrain from acquiring anything from pop-ups and random web pages. If you opt to to download something from dubious sources like pop-ups, you can end up with damaging software instead, so take that into account. The advertising-supported software will also bring about browser crashes and cause your OS to run much slower. Adware cause only inconveniences so we recommend you abolish SpecialSearchOption as soon as possible.
You can abolish SpecialSearchOption in two ways, depending on your understanding when it comes to computers. If you have or are willing to acquire anti-spyware software, we suggest automatic SpecialSearchOption elimination. It’s also possible to erase SpecialSearchOption manually but it may be more difficult ads you would have to locate where the adware is hiding.
Download Removal Toolto remove SpecialSearchOptionUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SpecialSearchOption. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SpecialSearchOption and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SpecialSearchOption and related programs.
Remove SpecialSearchOption from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SpecialSearchOption from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SpecialSearchOption from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SpecialSearchOption from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SpecialSearchOption or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SpecialSearchOption from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SpecialSearchOption from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SpecialSearchOption from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SpecialSearchOption from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SpecialSearchOption and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.