What is StartPageing123 Virus?
StartPageing123 Virus is a dubious search engine, classified as a browser hijacker. StartPageing123 Virus looks entirely legitimate for those who have never encountered hijackers before, but it is rather questionable. First of all, it used a deceptive method to enter your computer. You might be surprised to know that it needs your permission to enter your computer and you might not even realize you gave it.
It was attached to free software and had the ability to install alongside it. Fortunately for you, it is not malicious. It will make changes to your browser and attempt to redirect you to sponsored websites but it will not harm your computer directly. Those redirects, however, could bring about trouble. You could be led to dangerous websites where malware could be obtained. If you want to protect your computer, you need to remove StartPageing123 Virus.
Why should you delete StartPageing123 Virus?
Like we mentioned before, StartPageing123 Virus entered your computer via software bundles. Essentially, it was attached to free software and you needed to deselect it in order to prevent it from installing. You can only do that if you use Advanced (Custom) settings during the freeware installation process. All you have to do is uncheck the boxes of the added items and that will prevent them from installing. This cannot be done in Default settings so we suggest you avoid using them as much as possible. If it installed, you need to uninstall StartPageing123 Virus.
For those familiar with browser hijackers, StartPageing123 Virus will immediately cause suspicion. It suddenly appeared on your browser and looks exactly like countless other hijackers. It has been set as your homepage and new tabs and has affected all your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It grants you access to your email quicker by providing links to Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and Outlook but it does not take much time to do it yourself, so we see no use in StartPageing123 Virus. It also provides a search engine. If you use it, you will be taken to a website that looks like Yahoo. If you take a closer look at the tab, you will notice that it says Saferbrowser Yahoo. Basically, this means that sponsored websites have been inserted among the legitimate results. This is done because browser hijackers aim to generate traffic and income. You could be led to all sorts of weird websites, so we suggest you stay away from StartPageing123 Virus. You might even be led to dangerous pages and end up with malware on your computer. We strongly suggest you uninstall StartPageing123 Virus as soon as possible.
StartPageing123 Virus removal
It should not be difficult to remove StartPageing123 Virus manually if you can find it. You are welcome to use the provided instructions if you are having trouble with StartPageing123 Virus removal. You can also eliminate StartPageing123 Virus by employing a reliable removal tool. Update it, scan your computer and if the hijacker is located, delete StartPageing123 Virus.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove StartPageing123 VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall StartPageing123 Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like StartPageing123 Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall StartPageing123 Virus and related programs.
Remove StartPageing123 Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall StartPageing123 Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete StartPageing123 Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove StartPageing123 Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for StartPageing123 Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete StartPageing123 Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase StartPageing123 Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove StartPageing123 Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall StartPageing123 Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable StartPageing123 Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.