What is Startsearch.org?
Startsearch.org falls into the category of browser hijackers, because it alters your settings upon arrival. If you do not remember installing it, that may be because the hijacker uses the bundling distribution method. This means that it gets attached to other freeware and is installed along with it. Once inside, it modifies your preferences and starts causing other unwanted disruptions like flooding you with ads, rerouting you to unknown pages, and so on. This is done to generate web traffic and thus make profit. We suggest that you delete Startsearch.org from your browsers without further delay.
How does Startsearch.org work?
The Startsearch.org website gets set as your home page and default search engine as soon as the hijacker takes over your browsers. It presents you with a search box and quick access links to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, AliExpress, eBay, and some other popular sites. If you make use of your new search engine, you will get original results containing lots of ads and sponsored links. This is not a very efficient way to search the Web. If you want to go back to your previous search tools, you will have to get rid of Startsearch.org.
In addition to modifying your Internet browser settings, the hijacker will also insert ads into you favorite websites and cause random redirects to its sponsor sites. These activities will make it impossible for you to surf the Web uninterrupted and they will expose you to unreliable online content. As the adverts shown to you are not endorsed by the hijacker, they could easily be misleading. If you click on a fake advertisement, you may land on a phishing website. You could be tricked into sharing your details, wasting your money, or even infecting your system with malware. If you wish to avoid such outcomes, you should terminate Startsearch.org as soon as you can.
How to remove Startsearch.org?
You can erase Startsearch.org from your browsers manually or automatically. Automatic removal is more beneficial as it also allows you to get rid of other unsafe components. If you download the anti-malware from our site, it will perform a full system scan and detect all potential threats. The utility will remove Startsearch.org and other threats without any difficulty. In addition to that, it will also keep your PC protected from various online infections that you may encounter in the future. The alternative option is to eliminate Startsearch.org manually. You can do that with the help of the manual removal guide presented below the article. It explains how you can uninstall the hijacker’s related app and fix your web browser settings.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Startsearch.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Startsearch.org. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Startsearch.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Startsearch.org and related programs.
Remove Startsearch.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Startsearch.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Startsearch.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Startsearch.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Startsearch.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Startsearch.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Startsearch.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Startsearch.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Startsearch.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Startsearch.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.