SupTab Removal Guide
SupTab is classified as a potentially unwanted application, which can be used as an adware helper or a browser helper object. The application itself cannot cause any harm to your computer, however, it can be exploited by other unreliable programs.
The software gets distributed in freeware and shareware bundles and is often paired with adware, potentially unwanted programs and browser hijackers. This means that when you decide to terminate SupTab, you should also get rid of the software with which it came bundled.
How does SupTab work?
SupTab is only compatible with Internet Explorer, however, there are two other applications that are very similar to it. These programs work on Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and are called FastStart and QuickStart. The software enables you to quickly access various websites by clicking on their logos. You should be able to edit the “My favorites” list and choose which sites you want to see on your new tab. It may seem like a useful tool at first, however, if the helper enters your system with other potentially unwanted programs, you will have to delete SupTab along with them.
As it has already been mentioned, SupTab gets distributed in free third party software bundles. If you have it on your computer, you are very likely to have other unwanted applications on it as well. The adware helper has been especially linked to Awesomehp.com, which is classified as a browser hijacker. The hijacker alters your browser settings including your home page and default search provider without your approval. It may also insert various adverts into your favorite sites and redirect you to unfamiliar pages in the middle of your surfing. There is nothing useful about it, so there is no reason for you to tolerate the inconveniences it causes. That is why we recommend that you uninstall SupTab and its associated application.
How to remove SupTab?
In order to remove SupTab from your browsers, you will have to uninstall it from your computer. We suggest you do that using the anti-malware tool presented on our page. The utility will scan your system and detect all potentially unwanted files and programs that it contains. You will then be able to eliminate SupTab along with the software that it came bundled with and other potential threats. The malware remover will also make sure that your PC stays protected in the future. Alternatively, you can delete SupTab using the instructions presented below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SupTabUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SupTab. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SupTab and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SupTab and related programs.
Remove SupTab from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SupTab from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SupTab from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SupTab from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SupTab or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SupTab from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SupTab from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SupTab from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SupTab from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SupTab and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.