Surfpageing.com Removal Tips
Surfpageing.com is a browser hijacker that belongs to the same group as Mysurfing123.com, Yoursites123.com, Istartpage123.com, and some others. It can change your browser settings without your permission and cause other unwanted disruptions.
The site that now appears on your screen every time you go online may look like it does not differ from other search portals, but that is not the case. The real intention behind the hijacker is to present you with advertising content and thus make profit for its developers. There is nothing useful about it for computer users, which is why we advise that you delete Surfpageing.com from your browsers as soon as you can.
How does Surfpageing.com work?
After the hijacker infiltrates your system, it switches your home page and default search engine to Surfpageing.com. You will not be able to alter these settings manually. If you make use of your new search provider, you will get rerouted to Search.yahoo.com. Yahoo Search is a legitimate search engine, however, that does not mean that its results cannot be altered by the hijacker to include sponsored ads and links. The reason it inserts commercial data into the results page and other pages that you visit is because every time you click on one of the hijacker’s adverts, its developers make money. The worst part is that not all of the presented advertisements are trustworthy.
Although the hijacker cannot harm your system on its own, it can show you unreliable data that could lead to serious consequences. If you click on a fake ad, you will land on a corrupted page, which may result in malware infection. You could also fall victim to a different scam and waste your money on non-existent products or services. If you want to improve your online safety level, you should uninstall Surfpageing.com without hesitation. The next chapter explains how you can do that.
How to remove Surfpageing.com?
The sooner you terminate Surfpageing.com, the sooner you can go back to normal browsing. You can erase Surfpageing.com in one of two ways: manually or automatically. Manual removal requires you to uninstall the hijacker’s related application. If you are not sure which program is responsible for it, you may want to scan your system with the free malware scanner that you can download from our page. Once you delete Surfpageing.com, you will be able to restore your browser settings. Alternative solution is to go with automatic removal option. Download the anti-malware utility presented on our site and use it to clean your PC. The security software will not only remove Surfpageing.com along with other unwanted files and programs, but it will also keep your system safeguarded in the future by providing it with real-time online protection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Surfpageing.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Surfpageing.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Surfpageing.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Surfpageing.com and related programs.
Remove Surfpageing.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Surfpageing.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Surfpageing.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Surfpageing.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Surfpageing.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Surfpageing.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Surfpageing.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Surfpageing.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Surfpageing.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Surfpageing.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.