TestForSpeed Toolbar Removal Instructions
TestForSpeed Toolbar belongs to Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. It is powered by Ask.com and promoted on its official site, at free.testforspeed.com. This page states that the toolbar can help you check your Internet connection speed “with a free, fast upload and download speed tester.”
It should also provide you with easy email access, speed tips, and links to other relevant websites. The application is compatible with all popular browsers and it works on all Windows systems. In addition to the already mentioned features, it may also alter your browser settings. If this program is not as useful as you first thought, you should delete TestForSpeed Toolbar from your PC.
How does TestForSpeed Toolbar work?
One of the main concerns when it comes to the application is that although it has an official webpage, where it can be downloaded, it is also known to travel in freeware and shareware bundles. If that is how the toolbar ended up in your system, you should check your PC for other potentially unwanted programs. There may be more than one. If you want to avoid similar issues in the future, you need to keep in mind that free third party software often comes with additional offers that usually consist of browser hijackers, adware, and other unwanted applications. You can avoid them by choosing Advanced installation mode and deselecting all unfamiliar programs presented to you.
Once TestForSpeed gets installed, it adds a toolbar to your browser. This toolbar contains such buttons as Internet Speed Tips, Send Emails, Watch Movies, and Play Games. It also has a search box that is powered by Ask.com. The application changes your home page and default search provider to home.tb.ask.com and search.tb.ask.com respectively. This modifications are made automatically, if you do not un-check the boxes with these offers in the installation wizard. If you want to go back to your regular search tools, you will have to remove TestForSpeed Toolbar and Ask Search.
How to remove TestForSpeed Toolbar?
You can uninstall TestForSpeed Toolbar manually since it is not a malicious application. However, you will also have to remove its extension from all web browsers, except for Internet Explorer. You will also have to restore your home page and default search engine. If you need further assistance on how to complete these tasks, you can follow the instructions presented in the manual TestForSpeed Toolbar removal guide below. Alternatively, you can delete TestForSpeed Toolbar by implementing the malware removal utility presented on our page. It will scan your system, detect all potential threats and eliminate TestForSpeed Toolbar without any difficulty. The security tool will also stay helpful in the future as it will provide with various features aimed at keeping your PC clean and protected.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove TestForSpeed ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall TestForSpeed Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like TestForSpeed Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall TestForSpeed Toolbar and related programs.
Remove TestForSpeed Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall TestForSpeed Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete TestForSpeed Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove TestForSpeed Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for TestForSpeed Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete TestForSpeed Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase TestForSpeed Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove TestForSpeed Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall TestForSpeed Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable TestForSpeed Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.