What is Thebettertab.com?
Thebettertab.com is a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that can install without the user knowing. If the user does not remember downloading this application, then it’s likely that it came together with freeware. That is nothing uncommon as a lot of PUPs install on a computer this way. We will explain how to protect yourself from such situations later on in this article. Thebettertab.com will alter your browser’s settings without your knowledge and start redirecting you to weird websites. It’s in no way useful to you so we suggest you delete Thebettertab.com.
How does Thebettertab.com spread?
Browser hijackers install along with freeware. The PUPs are attached to freeware as additional items and they are optional, which means that users don’t have to install them if they do not want to. But because Default settings don’t show them and those settings are what most users use, they get installed anyway. Default settings don’t even show you if something is attached, let alone give you the option of preventing installation. That is why you need to use Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings show you clearly if something is attached and if you are unfamiliar with those items, you can uncheck them and they will not install. We don’t recommend you continue using it, and remove Thebettertab.com.
Why must I delete Thebettertab.com?
Thebettertab.com will hijack your Google Chrome browser and carry out unwanted changes. It will change your homepage and new tabs to Thebettertab.com and the search engine to seekit.com. The search engine will insert a lot of ads into the search results and you could be lead to dangerous websites, which could lead to malware. Browser hijackers exist to generate traffic for certain websites and they do that by redirecting you to those websites. It should also be noted that Thebettertab.com might gather certain non-sensitive information about you and then use it to generate ads or sell it to third-parties. So it’s is not really useful to you, and you should uninstall Thebettertab.com.
In order to uninstall Thebettertab.com, you might need anti-malware software. It would take care of Thebettertab.com removal quickly and in a risk-free way. If you do not wish to do that, however, you can try to remove Thebettertab.com by hand. In that case you will need to erase Thebettertab.com related programs, including the freeware.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Thebettertab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Thebettertab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Thebettertab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Thebettertab.com and related programs.
Remove Thebettertab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Thebettertab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Thebettertab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Thebettertab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Thebettertab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Thebettertab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Thebettertab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Thebettertab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Thebettertab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Thebettertab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.