What is Thor Locker Virus?
Thor Locker Virus is a new version of the WildFire Ransomware. If it gets onto your computer, your files will be immediately encrypted and you could no longer access any of them. If you already have Thor Locker Virus inside your computer, you have probably already noticed that all your files are encrypted by appending the new lengthy filename extension: .~HL[5_random_characters]. Unfortunately, these files can only be restored by using the special key which is stored on a remote server controlled by cyber criminals.
The only way to get it is to purchase it, but we do not recommend doing that because there are many cases when users do not get anything after paying money to cyber criminals. You might lose your money too, so we suggest that you only remove Thor Locker Virus from your PC without giving cyber criminals what they want. More information on the Thor Locker Virus removal is provided in this article, so, do not worry, you will find out what to do if you continue reading this article.
What does Thor Locker Virus do?
Once Thor Locker Virus enters the computer, it locks personal files and then creates three files with ransom notes on Desktop. They come in three different formats: .txt, .png, and .html. No matter which one you open, you will find a ransom note. It will tell you that you can format your hard disk and lose files or you can buy the decryptor. According to researchers who have recently carried out research, Thor Locker Virus asks users to pay 1 Bitcoin (approximately $612), but the ransom might double if it is not paid within the given time. As we have mentioned, specialists are strictly against paying money to cyber criminals because there are no guarantees that this will help to unlock files. Therefore, you should not even consider doing that as well. What you should do instead is to uninstall Thor Locker Virus from your computer as soon as possible.
How did Thor Locker Virus enter my PC?
There are so many ways ransomware infections are distributed; however, in most cases they are disseminated using spam emails. To be more specific, they pretend to be harmless attachments in these mails and then immediately enter computers if users download these attachments. We hope you will not repeat the same mistake in the future and ignore all the spam emails you receive. Of course, this might still not be enough to protect the computer from dangerous threats. You also need to install security software if you wish to be sure that malicious software cannot enter your computer again.
How can I delete Thor Locker Virus?
You have to delete Thor Locker Virus to make sure that it does not strike again, but you need to know that personal files will not be unlocked for you. Since it is very hard to remove Thor Locker Virus in a manual way, we suggest going straight for the automatic Thor Locker Virus removal. You will not need to do much – your only task is to launch the scanner of a reputable anti-malware tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Thor Locker VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Thor Locker Virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Thor Locker Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Thor Locker Virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Thor Locker Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Thor Locker Virus
Remove Thor Locker Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Thor Locker Virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Thor Locker Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Thor Locker Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.