What is UvConterter.exe?
UvConterter.exe is a file/process whose presence on the system or in the Task Manager indicates that a potentially unwanted application CornerSunshine is installed on your computer. We believe that many users will find these news surprising because this program tends to enter computers secretly and people often do not know that they have it installed on their computers. Of course, some people download it willingly since it promises to enable them to access the local weather forecast whenever they like.
No matter you have installed it willingly or it has entered your computer without permission, you have to erase this program because it is known to be a potentially unwanted application. Its removal is the only way to delete UvConterter.exe from the Task Manager and a particular folder you have found it in. If it is your first time, you might find it quite difficult to erase this PUP; however, generally speaking, it is not hard to remove it because it should have an entry in Control Panel.
What does UvConterter.exe do?
UvConterter.exe helps CornerSunshine work properly. This application is known to be software that opens weather forecast in the bottom-right corner of Desktop. Some users find this program beneficial; however, what they do not know at first is that CornerSunshine might display the commercial content, i.e. advertisements for users. They will promote other websites which might be untrustworthy, so clicking on them is not recommended. What is more, if you do not uninstall UvConterter.exe, i.e. let CornerSunshine stay, your private life will no longer be private because this program is designed to be able to collect information about users. What you have searched for, IP, and other information associated with activities on the web will be monitored. You will stop all of this only if you remove UvConterter.exe. In other words, you have to eliminate the program from your computer.
Why do I see UvConterter.exe?
As it has already been mentioned in the paragraphs above, you have found UvConterter.exe in a particular place or in the Task Manager because you have CornerSunshine on your computer. It should be possible to download it from its official website; however, it could have entered your computer in a software bundle too if you cannot remember downloading this application. You will allow another undesirable program to enter your system if you do not do anything after the UvConterter.exe removal. Therefore, specialists suggest installing a good security tool the second you are done with CornerSunshine.
How can I delete UvConterter.exe?
As UvConterter.exe is closely associated with the presence of CornerSunshine, you have to get rid of this potentially unwanted program in order to remove UvConterter.exe from your computer. It should not be very hard to implement the manual UvConterter.exe removal because potentially unwanted programs, in most cases, can be erased via Control Panel. Of course, if you find it impossible to get rid of this program yourself, you should use an automatic tool for removing undesirable software from your computer. Do not use a tool if you are not 100% sure that it can be trusted.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove UvConterter.exeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall UvConterter.exe. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like UvConterter.exe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall UvConterter.exe and related programs.
Remove UvConterter.exe from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall UvConterter.exe from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete UvConterter.exe from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove UvConterter.exe from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for UvConterter.exe or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete UvConterter.exe from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase UvConterter.exe from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove UvConterter.exe from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall UvConterter.exe from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable UvConterter.exe and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.