VideoConvert Toolbar Removal Tips (Remove VideoConvert Toolbar)
VideoConvert Toolbar is a browser extension that is often listed as a potentially unwanted application. It belongs to Mindspark Interactive Network, which makes it similar to a number of other toolbars created by this company such as DailyImageBoard, TotalComicBooks, BetterCareerSearch, RecipeHub, DownloadManagerNow, and more.
In general, the toolbar is used to promote Ask Search. This means that it can modify your browser settings, in some cases without asking for your permission. The application is compatible with all popular browsers. It can be downloaded from its official site or it can enter your PC with other freeware. If you do not find the program useful, this article will help you remove VideoConvert Toolbar from your system.
How does VideoConvert Toolbar work?
VideoConvert Toolbar has an official site at getvideoconvert.com. This page states that the toolbar allows you to instantly convert videos into various formats. It supports such formats as AVI, MP4, FLV and others. The software is powered by Ask. This means that it changes your home page and default search engine to home.tb.ask.com and search.tb.ask.com as soon as it gets installed. The browser modifications can be avoided, if you un-check the boxes with these offers during the installation process.
The situation may be somewhat different, if you acquire the toolbar together with other freeware. You may not notice installing it at all. Freeware and shareware is often distributed bundled with potentially unwanted programs. The bundling method is the easiest way for these programs to enter your computer unnoticed. However, it is possible to avoid them. All you need to do is choose Advanced or Custom installation mode and deselect all unfamiliar applications. Make sure you do that next time you install free third party software. As for now, you should focus on how to terminate VideoConvert Toolbar.
How to delete VideoConvert Toolbar?
You can eliminate VideoConvert Toolbar manually or automatically. If you choose manual removal option, you will have to uninstall VideoConvert Toolbar from your computer and reset your browsers to remove Ask.com from them. Instructions below can help you with these tasks. Alternatively, you can download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to erase VideoConvert Toolbar automatically. The malware remover will scan your system, detect all of its issues and delete VideoConvert Toolbar without any difficulty. Moreover, the utility will also protect your computer from other infections you may encounter online as long as you keep it installed and updated.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove VideoConvert ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall VideoConvert Toolbar. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like VideoConvert Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall VideoConvert Toolbar and related programs.
Remove VideoConvert Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall VideoConvert Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete VideoConvert Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove VideoConvert Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for VideoConvert Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete VideoConvert Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase VideoConvert Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove VideoConvert Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall VideoConvert Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable VideoConvert Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.