Vipasana Virus Removal Guide
Vipasana Virus falls into the category of ransomware infections. It spreads online via spam bots that send out spam emails with malicious attachments or links. If you download the attachment or click on the link, you unwittingly infect your computer.
The parasite may get distributed using other tricks as well like hacked websites, fake ads, malign software bundles, etc. The main purpose of the infection is to extort money from you. That is why it locks your files and offers you to purchase the private key that can supposedly recover your data. We advise against that. You should delete Vipasana Virus from your PC without hesitation.
How does Vipasana Virus work?
As soon as the virus infects your computer, it starts encrypting your files. It encodes such file types as documents, photos, videos, archives, audio files, and more. The malware uses the AES encryption algorithm and adds the following extension to all affected files: [file name].email@example.com-CL 1.2.0.id-[random ID]-[encryption date and time].[three random letters]. Once it completes the encryption, it replaces your desktop wallpaper with the ransom note. It informs you of the fact that your files have been encoded and that in order to get further instructions on how to decrypt them, you should send one file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The message also states that you have one week before your files will get permanently erased.
You should not contact the cyber crooks, because they will only demand that you pay the ransom. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees when it comes to dealing with the hackers, so it would not be a good idea to waste your money as you may get nothing in return. We recommend that you terminate Vipasana Virus as soon as you can and try other methods of restoring your files.
How to remove Vipasana Virus?
Since the ransomware is a complex infection, you will not be able to delete Vipasana Virus manually. In order to safely uninstall Vipasana Virus from your PC, you will have to use a malware prevention and removal tool. You can download it from our site. The utility will perform a full system scan and detect all malicious elements. It will eliminate Vipasana Virus along with other threats. The security software will also protect your computer from similar infections in the future. After you remove Vipasana Virus, you will be able to recover your files from backup. If you do not have them backed up, you can try using one of the decryption tools available online or the Windows software called Shadow Explorer.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Vipasana VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Vipasana Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Vipasana Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Vipasana Virus and related programs.
Remove Vipasana Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Vipasana Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Vipasana Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Vipasana Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Vipasana Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Vipasana Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Vipasana Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Vipasana Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Vipasana Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Vipasana Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.