What is Voldemort Ransomware?
Voldemort Ransomware is an infection created by cyber criminals who seem to be huge fans of the Harry Potter movie franchise. Like other ransomware infections, it appears on computers without permission and encrypts files to get money from users. Even though Voldemort Ransomware is a typical ransomware infection, unlike similar threats, it does not ask users to transfer the money, but, instead, it tells users to enter credit card details.
We hope that you understand that you risk losing all your money by entering the details they want from you, so we suggest that you uninstall Voldemort Ransomware from your computer even though it means that your documents, pictures, music, and videos will stay encrypted. Do not expect to remove Voldemort Ransomware from your computer easily because this infection is a serious threat that places its executable file in different directories on the system.
What does Voldemort Ransomware do?
As you already know, Voldemort Ransomware encrypts files that are the most valuable for users, i.e. documents, pictures, videos, etc. Then, it shows a full-screen message that might not be easy to close. It will tell you to enter credit card details to get the key. Do not do that by any means because you will lose your money. Besides, cyber criminals might sell this information to other cyber crooks. In case you have already done that, call your credit card issuer and block the card immediately. Then, hurry to delete Voldemort Ransomware from your computer. Once you remove Voldemort Ransomware from your system, you should try to use a free decryption tool you can get from the web. We cannot promise that it will unlock all files for you; however, it might really help you to unlock several important files, so why do not give a try?
How did Voldemort Ransomware enter my computer?
We do not know how exactly this infection is distributed; however, it is very likely that this ransomware infection has entered your computer because you have opened some kind of malicious attachment from a spam email. If you are sure that you have not opened any attachment recently, it might be true that you have downloaded malware from some kind of unreliable website. Finally, it might be true that it has used an exploit kit. To prevent similar infections from entering the system, install a tool for protecting your PC right after you delete Voldemort Ransomware.
How can I erase Voldemort Ransomware from my PC?
You cannot unlock your files by erasing Voldemort Ransomware from your computers, but it does not mean that you can leave it on your system because this threat might hit again, and it might not even allow you to use your PC. There are two ways to get rid of Voldemort Ransomware. You can either go for the manual Voldemort Ransomware removal or delete it automatically. To be frank, we suggest implementing the automatic Voldemort Ransomware removal because ransomware infections are dangerous threats and it is very important to delete them fully with all their components.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Voldemort RansomwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Voldemort Ransomware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Voldemort Ransomware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Voldemort Ransomware using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Voldemort Ransomware from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Voldemort Ransomware
Remove Voldemort Ransomware from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Voldemort Ransomware
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Voldemort Ransomware from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Voldemort Ransomware from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.