What is Weather Blink?
Weather Blink is an application claiming that it can provide the latest weather forecast. Although it looks useful at first sight, specialists have immediately understood that Weather Blink is not that application users can trust because it is developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc.
This company has already developed a number of applications that are promoted as useful, but the truth is that they are just programs created for advertising purposes. Weather Blink acts the same – it promotes third-party pages, so it would be too naļve to expect it to act beneficially. All kinds of problems might emerge too if Weather Blink is kept installed, so we highly recommend going to implement the Weather Blink removal today. Since other useful programs for checking the weather forecast exists, you will not regret for a second that you have implemented the Weather Blink removal.
What does Weather Blink do?
If you have installed Weather Blink on your computer, you must have noticed a new page set as your homepage. Settings of the default search engine and the New Tab page must have been modified as well. This page contains a search box and looks decent, as you can see, but the truth is that it is not. It is especially not recommended to use its search tool to find the information on the web because it will only present a bunch of advertisements to you. Specialists do not recommend clicking on them not without reason. They say that some of these ads might be linked to bad pages. If you click on any of these ads and land on a bad page, you might quickly allow malicious software to enter your computer. Also, if you search the web using a search tool located on a page set by Weather Blink, you might be redirected to a website gathering personal information. This information might even be sold to cyber criminals. Do not expect to avoid problems in such a case.
Where does Weather Blink come from?
There are two explanations why you have this Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. application installed on your computer. First, you could have downloaded it from its official source willingly. Second, it could have illegally entered your computer. Although it is not a very dangerous malicious application, it could have entered your computer bundled with third-party applications. In fact, it is a method which undesirable software creators often employ to spread their products, so the possibility that you will encounter other threats if you are not careful enough is huge.
How can I remove Weather Blink from my computer?
Go to delete Weather Blink from your PC even if you find this program quite useful because it is only a question of time when its presence brings problems to your life. You can go to remove Weather Blink either manually or automatically, but if you ask our opinion, you should delete Weather Blink automatically. It is a quicker and, undoubtedly, an easier method. You have only two tasks if you decide to uninstall Weather Blink automatically – acquire a legitimate anti-malware/anti-spyware scanner and start the system scan.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Weather BlinkUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Weather Blink. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Weather Blink and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Weather Blink and related programs.
Remove Weather Blink from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Weather Blink from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Weather Blink from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Weather Blink from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Weather Blink or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Weather Blink from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Weather Blink from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Weather Blink from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Weather Blink from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Weather Blink and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.