Web-start.org is a browser hijacker that sneakily infiltrates computers and proceeds to make changes to browsers. Browser hijackers enter your computer when you install freeware and use Default settings. Once they are on your computer, they hijack browsers and meddle with the settings. In the case of Web-start.org, you might notice that your homepage, new tabs and search engine have been changed to Web-start.org. This is a first sign that you have the Web-start.org redirect virus on your computer. You will then start getting redirected to weird websites. Besides the annoying redirects, Web-start.org has this annoying and rather worrying feature of collecting certain information about you. It will keep track of your browsing habits and then potentially sell it to third parties. While browser hijackers are not very malicious by themselves, we strongly suggest you remove Web-start.org.
Why is Web-start.org on my computer?
Developers of unwanted applications take advantage of users’ carelessness when installing freeware and attach their products to free software. Which means that when you install that freeware, you install those unwanted items as well. This only happens if you use Default settings, however. Those items are hiding in Advanced (Custom) settings, so if you want to avoid installing unwanted items, use those settings. It might take slightly longer but at least you will not have to deal with browser hijackers or adware. Always be careful when installing freeware because you never know what is attached to it. If you think that it has invaded your computer, remove Web-start.org immediately.
Why must I uninstall Web-start.org?
Browser hijackers are not something you want to have on your computer. When they get on your computer, they take control of your browser and go around changing settings without your permission. The same thing could happen with Web-start.org redirect virus. It could change your homepage, new tabs and default search engine to Web-start.org. Restoring those settings is also impossible without having to delete Web-start.org from your computer. Besides redirecting you to Web-start.org every time you open your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari), you might also experience annoying redirects to certain websites out of the blue. It does that to generate traffic for those websites. Note that most browser hijackers do not care about your computer safety and redirect you to dangerous websites. Which leads to malware infecting your computer. Web-start.org can also monitor what you do on the Internet and what you are interested in. It could then sell that information to third parties. Uninstall Web-start.org and you can return to normal browsing.
In order to delete Web-start.org you need to get rid of all applications associated with it. That can be difficult if you download a lot of freeware. If you think you might struggle with that, we recommend you use anti-malware software for Web-start.org removal.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Web-start.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Web-start.org. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Web-start.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Web-start.org and related programs.
Remove Web-start.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Web-start.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Web-start.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Web-start.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Web-start.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Web-start.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Web-start.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Web-start.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Web-start.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Web-start.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.