Websearch.com Removal Instructions
Websearch.com is a browser hijacker that comes as a part of WebSearch Toolbar. The toolbar is supposed to provide users with the best search engines from one convenient place. It has a search box and several quick access links such as Wikipedia, Movies, Weather, Games, Maps, and Music.
The program also claims that it can remove all advertising data from your search results, which is simply not true. If you want to get rid of the hijacker and continue using your original search tools, you will have to delete Websearch.com along with WebSearch Toolbar.
How does Websearch.com work?
WebSearch Toolbar belongs to Crawler Group and gets distributed in free software bundles. It is shown in the installation wizard as an additional offer, however, if you miss this offer, you agree to it automatically. That is why in most cases computer users do not remember acquiring the potentially unwanted application. We advise that next time you install freeware, you pay attention to every step of the installation wizard and decline all optional offers.
After the toolbar gets installed, it changes your home page and default search provider replacing them with Websearch.com. The website does not differ that much from other search sites visually. It contains a search box and such search parameters as Web, Local, Rebates, Games, Screensavers, and Maps. If you enter a query into the search box, you will be presented with results that mostly consist of ads and sponsored links. The hijacker clearly contradicts its own description, which states that you will not be exposed to any advertisements. That should be reason enough for you to remove Websearch.com.
In addition to the already mentioned drawbacks, the hijacker will also insert commercials into other sites that you visit and redirect you to its sponsor pages. This will slow down your online surfing speed. The toolbar may also affect your computer performance. We suggest that you complete Websearch.com removal as soon as you can.
How to remove Websearch.com?
You can terminate Websearch.com manually or automatically. If you go with the first option, you will have to uninstall WebSearch Toolbar via Control Panel and then eliminate Websearch.com from your browsers. Instructions on how to complete these tasks are provided below the article. If, on the other hand, you choose to go with automatic removal instead, you will have to implement an anti-malware utility. You can download the security tool from our site and use it to scan your system. Once it detects all potential issues, you will be able to delete Websearch.com along with them. Moreover, the malware remover has other beneficial features including real-time online protection, so it will help you keep your PC safe and protected from various online threats.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Websearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Websearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Websearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Websearch.com and related programs.
Remove Websearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Websearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Websearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Websearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Websearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Websearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Websearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Websearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Websearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Websearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.