What is Websearch.coolsearches.info?
Websearch.coolsearches.info is a browser hijacker that gets distributed using free software bundles. It is similar to other hijackers that belong to the same group like Websearch.coolfindings.info, Websearch.searchtheglobe.info, Websearch.searcholic.info, and many more. The hijacker usually enters your system with other potentially unwanted applications. It has been linked to Justplugit adware, EZDownloader, OptimizerPro, and other unreliable apps. If you want to get rid of Websearch.coolsearches.info, you will have to uninstall these programs from your computer as well. It would be best to do that without further delay.
How does Websearch.coolsearches.info work?
The hijacker alters your browser settings as soon as it enters your system. It changes your home page and default search provider to Websearch.coolsearches.info. This site is clearly unsafe. It contains two fake ads, which may change every time you open the page, however, regardless of what their content is, you should not click on them. They will lead you to unreliable pages with virtual scams. The website also contains a search box, which reroutes you to Worldsearchpro.com. This so-called search engine will not show you relevant results. If you want to restore your original home page and search provider, you should terminate Websearch.coolsearches.info.
The hijacker will cause other unwanted symptoms as well. It uses tracking cookies to collect information about your browsing habits. This information can be sold to third parties. The hijacker will also insert various advertisements into your browsers. As you already know, not all of these ads are reliable. You will also experience redirects to its sponsor websites. All of these unnecessary activities will slow down your Internet surfing speed. In order to go back to fast and safe online browsing, you will have to delete Websearch.coolsearches.info and its related program.
How to remove Websearch.coolsearches.info?
You can eliminate Websearch.coolsearches.info from your browsers manually or automatically. Manual removal can be completed, only if you first uninstall the hijacker’s related program(s) from your system. Once you do that, you should be able to erase Websearch.coolsearches.info from your browsers yourself. Instructions presented below the article can help you with both of these tasks. If, on the other hand, you go with automatic Websearch.coolsearches.info removal option, you will have to use an anti-malware utility. It will scan your system, detect all unwanted files and programs, and eliminate them without any difficulty. In addition to Websearch.coolsearches.info removal, the security software will also help you make sure that your PC stays protected from similar and more dangerous online threats in the future.
Step 1. Uninstall websearch.coolsearches.info and related programs.
Remove websearch.coolsearches.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall websearch.coolsearches.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete websearch.coolsearches.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove websearch.coolsearches.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for websearch.coolsearches.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete websearch.coolsearches.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase websearch.coolsearches.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove websearch.coolsearches.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall websearch.coolsearches.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable websearch.coolsearches.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove websearch.coolsearches.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall websearch.coolsearches.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like websearch.coolsearches.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...