Websearch.the-searcheng.info Removal Instructions (Delete Websearch.the-searcheng.info)
Websearch.the-searcheng.info is one of many “Websearch” browser hijackers. There are plenty of other hijackers that belong to this group and work in a similar manner. They enter your system and modify your browser settings. The hijacker has most likely accessed your computer with the help of a freeware bundle. It affects all popular browsers.
There is nothing beneficial about the hijacker as its main purpose is to boost online traffic. That is why it not only causes unnecessary settings modifications, but also inserts adverts into your browsers, redirects you to random pages, and so on. If you want to eliminate these symptoms, you should uninstall Websearch.the-searcheng.info.
How does Websearch.the-searcheng.info work?
Once the hijacker gets installed, it switches your home page, new tab and default search provider to Websearch.the-searcheng.info. The webpage itself does not look reliable. It has a fake advert on it promoting some kind of a virtual scam. It also contains a search box, which leads you to findamo.com. The results presented to you on this page will mostly consist of sponsored data. We do not recommend clicking on it, because it may also be unreliable. That goes for all other adverts that you see while surfing the Web. You should stay away from all commercials until you terminate Websearch.the-searcheng.info, if you do not want to risk your computer’s safety.
As it has been mentioned above, the hijacker spreads via freeware and shareware bundles. In most cases, it comes with InstallRex installers. The hijacker gets installed, because computer users do not pay attention to the information presented in the installation wizard. You should also keep in mind that browser hijackers often travel together with other potentially unwanted programs. The hijacker has been in particularly linked to YoutubeAdblocker, Optimizer Pro, and EZDownloader. You will have to uninstall these programs as well, if you want to eliminate Websearch.the-searcheng.info from your browsers.
How to remove Websearch.the-searcheng.info?
If you want to delete Websearch.the-searcheng.info manually, you are welcome to use the instructions presented below this article. They explain how you can uninstall the hijacker’s related application and restore your browser settings. If, however, you would like to erase Websearch.the-searcheng.info automatically, you can download the anti-malware tool from our page. It will allow you to remove Websearch.the-searcheng.info and its related programs as well as other threats that may be present on your PC. Moreover, it will also protect your computer from other infections you may encounter online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Websearch.the-searcheng.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Websearch.the-searcheng.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Websearch.the-searcheng.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Websearch.the-searcheng.info and related programs.
Remove Websearch.the-searcheng.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Websearch.the-searcheng.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Websearch.the-searcheng.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Websearch.the-searcheng.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Websearch.the-searcheng.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Websearch.the-searcheng.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Websearch.the-searcheng.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Websearch.the-searcheng.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Websearch.the-searcheng.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Websearch.the-searcheng.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.