Are you dealing with a virus?
Win Tonic is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and a system optimization tool. It’s one of those programs that claims to clean your computer from various threats and issues, but requires payment first. That is not unusual, as many legitimate programs do that as well, but this particular tool boosts the amount of issues your computer has in order to scare you into buying the program. There are many similar programs available, thus you need to be careful about choosing which tool you want to use. You will find this program referred to as a virus, but that would not be technically correct. It’s more an unwanted program than a virus.
When you scan you scan your computer with it, the results will show hundreds or even thousands of issues that are supposedly affecting your computer. Less experienced users may become worried and try to use the program to clean up the computer, only to be asked to pay for a full program. This program will not harm your computer, since it’s not malware, but we recommend thinking carefully before you decide to buy the full version. And if you decide to not use it, it’s best if you delete Win Tonic.
Should you remove Win Tonic?
When the program installs, it will recommend that you scan your computer. Since it’s a system optimization tool, it will scan for all kinds of issues and threats so it may take a while. However, the results may surprise you. There could be thousands of issues found, and it could be made to seem as if they are very severe.You will be given the option to fix all of the issues using the program, but if you try, you’ll be asked to buy the full version. It’s currently sold for €14.95. Seeing as it provides a service, it’s not weird that it asks you to buy the full version, but if it’s purposely making the issues seem more severe than they are, that’s a problem.
A lot of these kinds of tools detect leftover files and other non-important junk as some kind of issue that affects your computer’s performance in a big way, but in reality, they’re just junk files that have no impact. Deleting them won’t speed up your computer. Cache from your browsing sessions may also be among the issues, but there is no need to buy a program that will delete it when you can do it yourself very easily. It should also be noted that if you must have a system optimization tools, you can find more reliable ones for free.
Win Tonic removal
It shouldn’t be difficult to uninstall Win Tonic as any other regular program. If you have never done this before and are unsure about where to begin, you are welcome to use the below provided instructions to help you. If you have some kind of anti-spyware software and it classifies the program as a threat, you can use it for automatic elimination. Make sure there are no leftover files remaining, so that the program cannot renew itself again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Win TonicUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Win Tonic. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Win Tonic and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Win Tonic and related programs.
Remove Win Tonic from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Win Tonic from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Win Tonic from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Win Tonic from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Win Tonic or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Win Tonic from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Win Tonic from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Win Tonic from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Win Tonic from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Win Tonic and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.