About this threat
Windows Health Is Critical Virus screen lock seems to be caused by a Trojan installed on your computer. It’s one of those tech support scams that tries to convince you that there is something wrong with your computer and that you need to call the provided number to solve it. It’s all a scam and calling should be the last thing on your list.
You should ignore the warning and just delete Windows Health Is Critical Virus. Methods on how to do that will be explained in detail later on in this article. Researchers are not 100% sure how this Trojan spreads but it seems the two most likely methods are via free software or software cracks. This Trojan is not difficult to notice as your screen will go blue and as soon as you see it, do not call any provided number and instead, remove Windows Health Is Critical Virus.
How does this threat spread?
Malware specialists aren’t completely sure how this infection reaches computers but it’s likely that it could use the freeware bundling method or program cracks. In the case of the former, you need to make sure that free software has nothing attached to it before you install it. If there is something, which you can check in Advanced or Custom settings, make sure you uncheck the boxes of every single extra offer. Software cracks are also a great way for Trojans and other kinds of infections to spread. This and the fact that you are basically stealing a program is why you should not look for cracks.
How does it affect my computer?
The Trojan will lock your computer and load a blue screen to make the warning more convincing. The message on the screen will state that a problem has been detected and that Windows health is critical. You are asked to call a tech-support number to supposedly avoid system failure. We can guarantee that there is nothing wrong with your computer, apart from the Trojan trying to scam you. If you called, you would be asked to buy some useless software or the scammers might try to get access to your computer remotely. Which is why you should not call the number. All you have to do to fix the “problem” is uninstall Windows Health Is Critical Virus. It’s your typical scam and you should know that these kinds of warnings that ask you to call a number are always a scam. Do not engage with them, and if possible close them right away. Read the below paragraph to find out how to delete Windows Health Is Critical Virus.
Windows Health Is Critical Virus removal
You will probably need to get anti-malware software to be able to remove Windows Health Is Critical Virus. Since the malware locks your screen, you will have to access your computer in Safe Mode to be able to uninstall Windows Health Is Critical Virus. We do not recommend manual Windows Health Is Critical Virus removal because you might encounter trouble or harm your computer further.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Windows Health Is Critical VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Windows Health Is Critical Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Windows Health Is Critical Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Windows Health Is Critical Virus and related programs.
Remove Windows Health Is Critical Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Windows Health Is Critical Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Windows Health Is Critical Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Windows Health Is Critical Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Windows Health Is Critical Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Windows Health Is Critical Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Windows Health Is Critical Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Windows Health Is Critical Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Windows Health Is Critical Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Windows Health Is Critical Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.