What is Yeabests.top?
Yeabests.top is a website that pretends to be a legitimate search engine. Even though it does not look harmful at all, specialists have found out quickly that it cannot be trusted because it tends to replace existing default homepages and search tools without permission. It is capable of doing that because it is usually promoted by a browser hijacker infection.
Theoretically, you might have set it too as your homepage and search tool, but it is evident that it does not ask permission to change the settings of browsers most of the time. Yeabests.top not only changes the settings of browsers, but might also cause harm to the computer rather quickly. In other words, you might experience many problems. Continue reading to find more about this browser hijacker and how to remove Yeabests.top fully to be able to set another more reliable search engine instead of it.
What does Yeabests.top do?
Yeabests.top works as a search engine; however, if you open it, you will immediately find advertisements on its start page, which shows that it is an untrustworthy search tool. In fact, it shows ads not only on its main page, but might also blend them with the search results it shows. It is quite dangerous to click on those ads because they might take you to websites having bad links or even malicious software. These websites might also collect personal information about you. Yeabests.top is capable of doing that as well. Even though it primarily focuses on the collection of information about users’ activities, it will also record personal data if you provide it yourself, for example, if you enter it in the search box or submit it into the Contact Us form when trying to contact the support. Generally speaking, Yeabests.top is a threat to your privacy and security, so the Yeabests.top removal is a highly recommended measure.
Why do I see Yeabests.top set on my Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome?
Such search engines as Yeabests.top rarely travel alone. In most cases, they are promoted by browser hijackers, which explains how it managed to change your homepage and search tool unnoticed. These browser hijackers are often distributed in bundles with free software, and users agree with those changes by installing that free software. You should be more careful during the installation of any new program. In addition to this, users who surf the web and have an Internet connection should have security software installed on their PCs because malware can enter the system without permission.
How can I uninstall Yeabests.top?
You have to choose from two methods to delete Yeabests.top. You can either remove Yeabests.top manually, for instance, you can reset browsers, or you can go for the automatic Yeabests.top removal. Many specialists prefer the automatic method more because it is easier and it allows users to erase threats quicker. To delete Yeabests.top automatically, you will have to use an automatic malware remover. Do not use software if you do not know if it is really trustworthy because it can do more harm than good.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Yeabests.topUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Yeabests.top. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Yeabests.top and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Yeabests.top and related programs.
Remove Yeabests.top from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Yeabests.top from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Yeabests.top from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Yeabests.top from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Yeabests.top or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Yeabests.top from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Yeabests.top from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Yeabests.top from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Yeabests.top from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Yeabests.top and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.