YouBoost Removal Guide
YouBoost is an application that users often download and install on their computers themselves because it promises to boost the speed of downloads. In other words, it says that users will download multimedia files from the Internet quicker.
Of course, this program might have slithered onto the computer without permission as well. Either you have downloaded this program yourself or it has slithered onto the computer without permission, you still need to delete YouBoost in order to protect your system from harm and be able to use your computer freely. Many users cannot remove YouBoost themselves because they find this quite difficult to do. Therefore, we have decided to help them with that in this article. Continue reading to get some knowledge about the removal process.
Even though YouBoost claims that it is a beneficial program, it has been observed that it does not do anything good for the user. Yes, it will not act as it says, but there is no doubt that it will keep opening various advertisements in order to be able to earn money. It might do that in the background, so you might not even see these advertisements on your screen. As it will keep opening these ads continuously, you will definitely notice that your PC runs slower than usual and you cannot open web pages quickly, your CPU utilization will be around 50%, and programs freeze from time to time. We hope that this is enough to convince you to uninstall YouBoost from the system. If not, you should also know that this program might gather information about users and their activities on the web day after day. This means that your privacy might be violated if you keep it installed.
How did YouBoost enter my computer?
There are several ways how such untrustworthy programs can sneak onto computers. First of all, you might have downloaded it yourself because it looks quite a useful program. If you are sure that you have not done that yourself, there is no doubt that this program has sneaked onto your computer without permission. Such unreliable programs often attach to freeware and shareware and travel together with those applications. Have you recently downloaded a PDF converter, video player, or another free program recently? If so, it is not surprising that you have detected YouBoost on your computer. The main symptom that this program is installed is the ybint.exe process in the Task Manager.
How to delete YouBoost from the system?
As YouBoost does not do anything good for the users, you should hurry to implement the YouBoost removal for the sake of your system’s and your privacy safety. Luckily, YouBoost can be removed via Control Panel, so it will not be difficult to erase it. If you feel that you cannot remove YouBoost yourself, you should definitely go for the automatic YouBoost removal. In other words, you need to install an antimalware tool and then perform the full system scan with it. Use only a 100% reliable tool!
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove YouBoostUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall YouBoost. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like YouBoost and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall YouBoost and related programs.
Remove YouBoost from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall YouBoost from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete YouBoost from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove YouBoost from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for YouBoost or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete YouBoost from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase YouBoost from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove YouBoost from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall YouBoost from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable YouBoost and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.