About this threat
Yoursafesearch.com is a browser hijacker targeting Mac users. Browser hijackers are very easy to recognize and the moment the infection takes place, you will know. A major sign is the change of browser’s settings and your browser loading weird sites every time you open it. While hijackers are not serious infections, they are annoying to deal with because of those changed settings. It essentially forces you to use a different homepage and search engine so that it could redirect you to sponsored sites, and generate income.
That’s all hijackers exist for. They do not provide superior features or make your browsing experience better in any way. They’re just there to make money. Remove Yoursafesearch.com. And you might want to check how you install free programs because you allowed the hijacker to install yourself when you did not notice it being attached to freeware.
Why delete Yoursafesearch.com?
One of the main reasons for that is it entered your computer without permission. If you suddenly find a program on the system and have no recollection of ever installing, that should ring alarm bells. It’s the same with hijackers, even if they are not malicious, you should not allow them to remain. This particular browser hijacker will change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. All leading browsers can be affected, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. And those setting changes are irreversible unless you first uninstall Yoursafesearch.com from the computer. Until then, the website will load every time you open your browser. There will be a search engine provided on the site and if you were to use it, you might encounter sponsored pages among the legitimate results. Be careful about what you click on because you could end up on some malicious page with malware lurking on it. Hijackers do not care whether you end up on safe websites, they just want to redirect you. If you want to return to normal browsing, you’ll have to remove Yoursafesearch.com.
How do hijackers spread?
Usually, browser hijackers are attached to free software as no one would install them by themselves. They are added in a way that makes then hidden, unless you pay very close attention when you install the freeware. In order to notice added items, you need to access Advanced or Custom settings, if possible. Those settings allow you to see what has been added and if there is something, you will be able to deselect it/them. Refrain from using Default because those settings will not show you anything and everything that has been attached will be allowed to install. Pay attention, unless you wish to regularly have to delete Yoursafesearch.com.
To uninstall Yoursafesearch.com, you have two ways. You could obtain professional anti-spyware software and have it take care of everything. This would be the easier option but you can also try manual Yoursafesearch.com removal. You’d need to find the hijacker yourself, however.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Yoursafesearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Yoursafesearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Yoursafesearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Yoursafesearch.com and related programs.
Remove Yoursafesearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Yoursafesearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Yoursafesearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Yoursafesearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Yoursafesearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Yoursafesearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Yoursafesearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Yoursafesearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Yoursafesearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Yoursafesearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.