About these fake youtube ads
Youtube Reward Center Virus refers to the pop-ups that claim you have a chance to win a prize if you answer a few questions. It tries to convince users that it comes from YouTube, but it’s actually nothing more than a scam. If you are reading this, you probably realise that no one is going to give you anything for free in one these quizzes. It will always be a scam. If you do participate, you will be asked a couple of easy questions, and will definitely ‘win’ something. Or be promised something if you provide you personal information. The main aim of these kinds of pop-up scams is to enter get revenue from completed surveys, or to get users’ personal information in order to scam them further.
The reason you could be getting these ads is either you have adware installed, or you were visiting a questionable website when the redirect happened. If it’s the former, you will need to get rid of the adware in order to remove Youtube Reward Center Virus. Adware is not a serious infection but if you want the pop-ups gone, you’ll have to get rid of it.
Why are you seeing the pop-ups?
If you have gotten more than one of those pop-ups, it is possible that you’re dealing with adware. You could have picked it up when you were installing freeware. Free programs often come together with additional offers (adware, browser hijackers), which you need to deselect in order to prevent them from installing. Simply choose Advanced or Custom settings when installing the program, and deselect the boxes of all the added offers that appear. Default settings will not show you them, so avoid them if Advanced is available.
If you got the pop-up just once, it’s probably nothing to worry about. When you visit questionable websites, like free streaming pages, it’s not unusual to get these kinds of ads. Just ignore them, don’t download anything and don’t participate in any quizzes.
Are the ads legitimate?
The short answer to that is no, they are not legitimate. They are a merely scams. The pop-up will claim that Communication companies regularly pick users in random to win a prize, they just have to participate in a quiz. You’ll likely be offered an iPhone or a Samsung smartphone, and to ‘win’ them, you just have answer a few questions. The questions will be pretty general, or likely relate to your Internet usage. After you win something, you will be asked to provide your personal details so that they can ship you your prize. And that personal information is the main goal behind this scam. You’re basically giving away you personal information to scammers, who would try to scam you further. If wouldn’t be surprising if your phone number and email were then sold, which could prompt more spam email and tech-support scam phone calls.
You could get those pop-ups in all browsers you use, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. They will occur suddenly and completely randomly, and may be difficult to close. And even though they aren’t malicious, interacting with them is not recommended. And made sure you actually delete Youtube Reward Center Virus adware because otherwise the pop-ups will just appear again and again.
This is nothing more than a scam, and you can safely ignore the ads. It should also be noted that this scam has nothing to do with YouTube, even though it claims otherwise. And keep in mind that you will never actually win anything by participating in these quizzes, they will never be real.
Youtube Reward Center Virus removal
If you are dealing with adware, you have two ways to get rid of them. If you go with manual elimination, you will have to do everything yourself, but we will provide instructions below this article to help you. If you would prefer anti-spyware take care of everything, obtain a reputable security program, scan your computer and uninstall Youtube Reward Center Virus adware.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Youtube Reward Center VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Youtube Reward Center Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Youtube Reward Center Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Youtube Reward Center Virus and related programs.
Remove Youtube Reward Center Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Youtube Reward Center Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Youtube Reward Center Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Youtube Reward Center Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Youtube Reward Center Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Youtube Reward Center Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Youtube Reward Center Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Youtube Reward Center Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Youtube Reward Center Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Youtube Reward Center Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.