What is Zapmeta.com?
Zapmeta.com is advertised as a meta-search engine that can provide you with the ability to search multiple search engines using one interface. It may seem like a useful tool, but, unfortunately, it also functions as a browser hijacker. This means that it may have entered your system without your notice. The hijacker aims at promoting its sponsors. It usually enters your PC with potentially unwanted and ad-supported programs that can cause other annoying symptoms like ads and redirects. If you want to go back to your original browser preferences, you will have to get rid of Zapmeta.com and its associated application.
How does Zapmeta.com work?
Zapmeta.com sets itself as your home page and default search provider as soon as it takes over. This website contains a search box with such search parameters as Web, Images, Video, Wiki, News, and More. When you enter a query into the search box, you get presented with original results. However, these results include quite a few sponsored links. You may want to avoid those. If you see other commercial data on your visited websites, you may should stay away from it as well. The advertising content could be unreliable. The same goes for the pages that you may get redirectred to. If you do not want to risk your system’s safety, you should not click on any ads until you terminate Zapmeta.com.
Another symptom associated with browser hijackers is decreased online surfing speed. This happens because of the excessive amount of unnecessary data that fills your pages. You may notice that your computer’s performance has also become more sluggish. Moreover, the hijacker is known to track cookies and collect information about your browsing activities. It may not collect personally identifiable details, but you should still be careful with the data that you choose to share with unfamiliar sources. As you can see, there are plenty of reasons for you to delete Zapmeta.com from your browsers.
How to remove Zapmeta.com?
You can erase Zapmeta.com in one of the two following ways: manually or automatically. We advise that you go with the automatic removal option, because it is more beneficial. If you download the anti-malware tool from our site, it will scan your system, detect, and delete all threats. You will not only remove Zapmeta.com, but also make sure that your PC stays safeguarded from similar and more dangerous Internet-based infections. Alternative solution is manual Zapmeta.com removal. You can complete it by uninstalling the hijacker’s related application and restoring your browser settings. Instructions below can help you with both of these tasks.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Zapmeta.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Zapmeta.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Zapmeta.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Zapmeta.com and related programs.
Remove Zapmeta.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Zapmeta.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Zapmeta.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Zapmeta.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Zapmeta.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Zapmeta.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Zapmeta.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Zapmeta.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Zapmeta.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Zapmeta.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- remove zapmeta
- zapmeta uninstall
- how to delete zapmeta
- zapmeta com
- zapmeta virus
- zapmeto com
- *@zapmeta co za
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.