Zepto Locker Virus Removal Tips (Uninstall Zepto Locker Virus)
Zepto Locker Virus is a new version of the Locky Virus. Both of these malicious programs are classified as ransomware. The infection usually spreads through spam emails with malicious files attached to them. Other distribution methods such as corrupted links, hacked websites, fake ads, etc., which are typical to harmful programs, may be used as well.
Once inside, the parasite encodes your files, making them useless to you, and demands that you pay a ransom for them, hence, the name of the category. We advise that you do not waste your money, and eliminate Zepto Locker Virus from your PC as soon as you can.
How does Zepto Locker Virus work?
As it has already been mentioned, the virus uses spam emails with malicious attachments to spread online. The attached files look like Microsoft Office documents; they could be named “Invoice”, “Payment”, or similar. If you download and open the file, it will show you nonsensical text and ask you to enable the macro settings. Once you do that, the ransomware gets installed. It starts the encryption process right away and affects such file formats as photos, audios, videos, documents, and more. All corrupted files have the .zepto extension added to them and their names are replaced with 16 random letters and numbers. After the encryption is complete, the malicious application presents you with a ransom note.
The ransom note is called “_HELP_instructions” and it appears in .txt and .html formats. It states that all of your files are encrypted with the RSA-2048 and AES-128 ciphers. It also claims that you can only recover your files with the private key and a decrypt program, which you can purchase from the cyber crooks. The price that they demand may vary, however, it is usually 0.5 Bitcoin ($334 at the moment). We urge you not to pay the ransom, because you cannot trust the hackers. Instead, you should delete Zepto Locker Virus right away.
How to remove Zepto Locker Virus?
In order to delete Zepto Locker Virus from your PC completely, you will have to use a powerful anti-malware utility. You can download the application from our website. It will scan your computer and detect all harmful components of the infection. It will terminate Zepto Locker Virus and other threats that it detects. The security software will also provide you with real-time online protection, so that you do not have to deal with Zepto Locker Virus removal ever again. After you remove Zepto Locker Virus from your system, you can try recovering your data. You can restore your files from backup or with the help of one of the file decryptors you can download online for free.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Zepto Locker VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Zepto Locker Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Zepto Locker Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Zepto Locker Virus and related programs.
Remove Zepto Locker Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Zepto Locker Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Zepto Locker Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Zepto Locker Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Zepto Locker Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Zepto Locker Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Zepto Locker Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Zepto Locker Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Zepto Locker Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Zepto Locker Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.