Safesearch.top is a browser hijacker website, which will become your homepage if you install the hijacker. Installation is usually accidental, users do not know that freeware comes with hijackers/adware, they do not deselect them during installation and in that way end up with unwanted programs. Hijackers are not really malicious so they won’t directly harm your computer but keeping it installed is not recommended.
Your browser’s settings will be changed, and a weird site will be set as your homepage/new tabs without your permission. You will also have a different default search engine, which the hijacker will use to redirect you to sponsored sites. More traffic for those sites means site owners get more revenue. You may also be led to malware-infected sites where you could pick up a more serious infection. We would recommend you delete Safesearch.top.
Hijacker spread methods
Browser hijackers are spread via free software bundles. They are attached as extra offers and are set to install automatically, unless you deselect them. To do this, choose Advanced or Custom settings when you install freeware. Those settings will allow you to check for additional offers and will also allow you to deselect all of them. You should not allow any of them to install because they are hidden from you for a reason. Unless you want to regularly have to remove Safesearch.top or similar, always deselect attachments that do not properly inform you about their installation.
Why uninstall Safesearch.top?
As soon as it installs, the hijacker will make changes to your browser, set the above mentioned site as your homepage/new tabs, and try to redirect you. It will affect most leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, so they will all have the same weird homepage. And the changes will be irreversible unless you first delete Safesearch.top. Your new homepage will be very obviously different from your usual one, so you will notice the infection right away. You will encounter loads of weird ads on the site, as well as a search engine. It is advertised as an advanced and clean search engine but it’s the opposite of that. The search engine will not give any superior results, and you will see advertisements everywhere. We don’t recommend clicking on anything, as both ads and search results could lead to weird sites. It just aims to redirect you to sponsored sites, it won’t actually provide you with anything useful. In fact, some hijackers are able to redirect you to malicious sites where malware may be lurking. So you should remove Safesearch.top.
If you know where the hijacker is located, you can go with manual Safesearch.top removal, although it may take longer than you expect. If you want the easier way, employ anti-spyware software to uninstall Safesearch.top. The program would find and make sure to get rid of the hijacker fully, so that it cannot renew itself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Safesearch.topUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Safesearch.top. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Safesearch.top and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Safesearch.top and related programs.
Remove Safesearch.top from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Safesearch.top from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Safesearch.top from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Safesearch.top from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Safesearch.top or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Safesearch.top from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Safesearch.top from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Safesearch.top from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Safesearch.top from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Safesearch.top and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.