What is search.anchorfree.net?
Search.anchorfree.net is known as a browser hijacker that starts to perform changes to your Internet browsers as soon as it reaches your computer’s system. The hijacker is capable of modifying the settings of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. It is more than easy to know whether your PC is infected with search.anchorfree.net because your homepage and default search provider will redirect you to search.anchorfree.net. If you have noticed any of these changes, you will have to remove search.anchorfree.net as soon as possible. Any modifications that are performed to your PC without your explicit consent should not be tolerated. You need to know that reliable programs do not act in such a way; they will definitely notify you about their actions.
How can search.anchorfree.net infiltrate my computer’s system?
Many computer users do not notice how search.anchorfree.net gets installed into their virtual machines. Search.anchorfree.net will ask for your permission in order to enter your PC. However, your authorization does not have to be explicit and you may easily accept the hijacker’s offer by accident. Search.anchorfree.net has probably hijacked your electronic device via bundled freeware. In order to make sure that other unwanted applications do not get into your computer by using such methods, you should pay more attention to the installation wizard. The users usually just skip all the steps of the setup process. This is a mistake because there may be hidden “bonus programs” offers among those steps. You should not agree to download any suspicious applications to your computer. As you have probably known already, it is always easier to prevent such programs from entering your computer than to deal with search.anchorfree.net removal. Also, you should stay away from the questionable pages and always check whether the wanted application is trustworthy. This will definitely enhance your computer’s security.
How to delete search.anchorfree.net from my PC’s system?
The hijacker follows your web browsing habits; and this data may be later shared with third parties. Thus, there is a risk that this may lead to an identity theft. We are sure that you do not want to experience that; hence, you should uninstall search.anchorfree.net without hesitation.
There is no reason why you should keep the program anyway. Especially because there are many search engines that will not change your homepage without your consent. Instead of search.anchorfree.net, you should select Google or Bing search providers that will give you trustworthy search results. As for the hijacker, you need to terminate search.anchorfree.net right away.
You can remove search.anchorfree.net either manually or automatically. The manual search.anchorfree.net removal is more time consuming. It is also less reliable than the automatic one. However, if you still want to get rid of search.anchorfree.net manually, you may find our manual removal instructions useful. The guide is bellow the article; please make sure that you follow the instructions attentively.
Our research team recommends you to invest into in a legitimate anti-spyware software that will ensure your computer’s safety in the future. Your new anti-virus program will be able to delete search.anchorfree.net automatically. More than that, the application will take care not only of search.anchorfree.net elimination but also of the hijacker’s possible registry leftovers.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.anchorfree.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.anchorfree.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.anchorfree.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.anchorfree.net and related programs.
Remove Search.anchorfree.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.anchorfree.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.anchorfree.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.anchorfree.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.anchorfree.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.anchorfree.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.anchorfree.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.anchorfree.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.anchorfree.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.anchorfree.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.