Search.cucumberhead.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Search.cucumberhead.com)
Search.cucumberhead.com is practically identical to such browser hijackers as Search.maksmack.com, Search.celipsow.com, Search.texiday.com, Search.myppes.com,and some others.
They are aimed at Mac computers and they can affect all popular web browsers. The main goal of the hijacker is to expose you to as much commercial data as possible. That is why it will flood you with ads, cause redirects, change your browser settings, and more. If you want to eliminate these symptoms from your browsers, you will have to terminate Search.cucumberhead.com. The sooner you do that, the better.
How does Search.cucumberhead.com work?
The Search.cucumberhead.com website does not differ much from other search portals. It replaces your home page and default search provider, once the hijacker takes over. It presents you with a search box and several search parameters. If you enter a term into it, you will get rerouted to Search.yahoo.com and see results that come from Genieo Yahoo Search. These results will include sponsored links. Various commercial data will appear on other sites that you visit as well. It would be best to avoid interacting with it.
The reason we suggest that you stay away from the advertisements is because they may be fake. If you click on bogus ads, you will risk landing on corrupted pages and infecting your PC with potentially unwanted or even malicious apps. You should not take such unnecessary risks. Moreover, the hijacker is known to track your cookies and collect information about your browsing habits. It will record what sites you visit, what you search for, what ads you click on, etc. This data will be used for marketing purposes. It is not personally identifiable, however, that does not mean that you should share it with suspicious third parties either. We advise that you delete Search.cucumberhead.com without further delay.
How to remove Search.cucumberhead.com?
Search.cucumberhead.com removal can be completed in one of two ways: manually or automatically. If you choose the first option, you can follow the instructions provided below the article. They explain how you can uninstall the application with which the hijacker arrived and restore your browser settings. If you complete these tasks correctly, you will eliminate Search.cucumberhead.com for good. Alternatively, you can delete Search.cucumberhead.com with the help of a malware prevention and removal tool. You can use the utility from our webpage. It will scan your PC and remove Search.cucumberhead.com along with other detected threats. The security software will also provide you with real-time online protection thus making sure that your system stays safeguarded in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.cucumberhead.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.cucumberhead.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.cucumberhead.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.cucumberhead.com and related programs.
Remove Search.cucumberhead.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.cucumberhead.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.cucumberhead.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.cucumberhead.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.cucumberhead.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.cucumberhead.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.cucumberhead.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.cucumberhead.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.cucumberhead.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.cucumberhead.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.