Search.funsecuritytab.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Search.funsecuritytab.com)
Search.funsecuritytab.com is a part of the FunSecurityTab extension, which is classified as a potentially unwanted program. The website itself is often referred to as a browser hijacker, because it can replace your home page and default search without your permission.
The application may be promoted as a beneficial tool that can provide you with quick access to security-related and other popular websites. However, it comes with a variety of drawbacks, which you have no reason to tolerate. If you wish to go back to your previous browser settings, you will have to terminate Search.funsecuritytab.com.
How does Search.funsecuritytab.com work?
FunSecurityTab uses the bundling distribution method to spread online. It is shown to you in the wizard as an additional offer, however, if you fail to notice it, you agree to it automatically, because it is pre-selected. That is how most potentially unwanted programs get access to computer systems. You can prevent them from getting installed on your PC by choosing to install freeware in the Advanced mode and declining all optional offers of unfamiliar apps. Make sure you follow these tips the next time you deal with free third party software.
As soon as FunSecurityTab gets installed it switches your new tab, home page, and default search provider to Search.funsecuritytab.com. This website is blocked by several anti-malware tools and labeled as potentially dangerous. The reason for that is the links that it contains. At least one of the links leads you to a corrupted page. Other advertising data that the hijacker inserts into your browsers may be unreliable as well. You should stay away from it, because interacting with unsafe sites could lead to serious troubles including malware infection, financial losses, and so on. In order to make sure that does not happen, you should delete Search.funsecuritytab.com right away.
How to remove Search.funsecuritytab.com?
There are two ways you can eliminate Search.funsecuritytab.com from your browsers. One of them is automatic removal. We suggest this option, because it will allow you to clean your PC completely. If you download the security utility from our page, it will scan your computer, detect all threats and remove Search.funsecuritytab.com with them. Moreover, it will provide your system with online protection in real time, so you can surf the Internet without any worries. The alternative solution is manual Search.funsecuritytab.com removal. It requires you to uninstall FunSecurityTab from your computer and your extensions and to delete Search.funsecuritytab.com from your browsers. In case you need further instructions, you can use the ones presented right below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.funsecuritytab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.funsecuritytab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.funsecuritytab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.funsecuritytab.com and related programs.
Remove Search.funsecuritytab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.funsecuritytab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.funsecuritytab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.funsecuritytab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.funsecuritytab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.funsecuritytab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.funsecuritytab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.funsecuritytab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.funsecuritytab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.funsecuritytab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.