What is Search.myweathertab.com?
Search.myweathertab.com is a browser hijacker that is promoting a dubious search engine. It must have entered your computer when you installed free software and did not notice Search.myweathertab.com being attached. Thankfully, browser hijackers are not malicious and do not aim to harm computers directly.
It will, however, change your browser’s settings and attempt to redirect you to sponsored pages. It generates income when it redirects you to those pages so expect it to happen quite often. Hijackers disguise themselves as seemingly useful search engines but it quickly becomes apparent what their intentions are. You will have no use of Search.myweathertab.com and it will only disrupt your browsing sessions. We strongly recommend you remove Search.myweathertab.com from the computer. If you do this, you will be able to return to usual browsing.
How does Search.myweathertab.com spread?
Browser hijackers all use the same method to spread and that is via free software. It was attached to some freeware that you installed and because you missed it being attached, it was allowed to install. When you install a program you obtain from the Internet for free, there is always a chance that something is attached to it. In order to check, use Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation. In those settings, you will see what has been added. You will also be given the option of deselecting those items. All you have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes and you can proceed to install the freeware. If you have a habit of rushing through the installation processes, it is no wonder you are stuck having to delete Search.myweathertab.com.
Why uninstall Search.myweathertab.com?
Search.myweathertab.com will become your homepage on all major browsers installed on your computer, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. This is done so that the hijacker could redirect you easier. These changes will come out of the blue and you will be unable to undo them unless you first remove Search.myweathertab.com from the system. You will be presented with a search engine but it is nothing useful or groundbreaking. It’s a generic search engine that inserts sponsored results among the Google-generated legitimate ones. It will try to redirect you to all kinds of web pages, all for the sake of making income. You could even end up dangerous pages that have malware roaming around them. This low-level infection could lead a serious malware problem. If you do not want to put your computer in danger, we recommend you delete Search.myweathertab.com promptly.
We would advise you to obtain professional removal software to fully uninstall Search.myweathertab.com. These programs can locate the issue quickly so it would be able to take care of Search.myweathertab.com removal without trouble. You can try to eliminate Search.myweathertab.com manually, and we will provide instructions to help you, but you will have to locate it yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.myweathertab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.myweathertab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.myweathertab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.myweathertab.com and related programs.
Remove Search.myweathertab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.myweathertab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.myweathertab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.myweathertab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.myweathertab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.myweathertab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.myweathertab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.myweathertab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.myweathertab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.myweathertab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.