Search.newtabfun.com Removal Guide
Search.newtabfun.com is a search engine that pretends to be a legitimate search provider like Bing, Yahoo!, and Google. Even though it looks quite good, the truth is that it is typical browser hijacker. Therefore, it is not surprising at all that it replaces default search engines without a user’s consent. If you have already noticed that Search.newtabfun.com is there, you need to remove Search.newtabfun.com as soon as possible for the sake of your system’s safety.
Untrustworthy search engines cannot be eliminated easily, so you should not expect to get rid of this search engine easily. Luckily, we are here and we are going to help you with the Search.newtabfun.com removal. Read the article first, and then apply the knowledge you get to get rid of this search engine.
Search.newtabfun.com will be set in the place of your default search engine. Unfortunately, this search engine is not trustworthy, so you should definitely not keep it and use it. It has been observed that Search.newtabfun.com might provide users with untrustworthy links (you can find them in the top-right corner). In addition, this search engine might also provide users with various advertisements. Its search results cannot be trusted either because they might contain links leading to third-party web pages as well. As nobody knows what can be found on them, you should not click on any of these search results in order not to end up on bad web pages. You should uninstall Search.newtabfun.com from your browsers also because it is the only way to protect the privacy. Yes, Search.newtabfun.com might record search queries and other information like IP address. In addition, some specialists also claim that it might record your name, surname, address, and other sensitive information.
How is Search.newtabfun.com spread?
It is clear that Search.newtabfun.com usually comes together with free programs that can be easily downloaded from the web. These programs are various download clients, PDF converters, video players, and similar programs. If you have downloaded and installed some kind of program on your computer recently, you might have set Search.newtabfun.com unwillingly. After you delete Search.newtabfun.com, do not forget to take care of the system’s safety in order not to allow other threats to apply the changes. It will be enough to install a security tool on the system and keep it there all the time. You should also better stop downloading programs from third-party web pages.
How to delete Search.newtabfun.com from browsers?
It is a hard task to remove Search.newtabfun.com from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers. In order to help you, you need to remove extensions from all the browsers as soon as possible. Another removal method is automatic. You should go for the automatic Search.newtabfun.com removal if you have never tried erasing a program manually or simply do not have time for that. First of all, you will need to acquire a trustworthy automatic tool. If it is 100% reliable, it will erase all the untrustworthy programs for you without any problems.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.newtabfun.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.newtabfun.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search.newtabfun.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.newtabfun.com and related programs.
Remove Search.newtabfun.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.newtabfun.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.newtabfun.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.newtabfun.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.newtabfun.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.newtabfun.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.newtabfun.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.newtabfun.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.newtabfun.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.newtabfun.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.