What is Search.safefinder.info?
Search.safefinder.info is a browser hijacker that belongs to Linkury Inc. It usually enters systems together with the potentially unwanted program called Safe Finder. However, it has also been linked to other browser hijackers that use it as a search tool. Unfortunately, the unwanted application cannot be trusted. Its main page, Safefinder.com, is often blocked by security utilities on the grounds of having uncertain reputation or unsafe content. There is no reason why you should hesitate with Search.safefinder.info removal. The sooner you terminate the hijacker, the sooner you can go back to your original settings.
How does Search.safefinder.info work?
The main distribution method that is used by Safe Finder is called bundling. It gets attached to free third party software. When you install it, you are presented with additional offers. If you skip through the wizard without paying attention to it, you agree to these offers unwittingly. To make sure that does not happen, you need to choose the Advanced or Custom mode and decline all additional offers presented to you. Make sure to pay attention to every step of the setup as you may have to decline more than one offer.
Once Safe Finder gets installed, it alters your browser settings. It sets Search.safefinder.info as your home page and default search provider. If you make use of this provider, you will get original results, however, they will be full of sponsored links. You will see advertisements on other websites that you visit as well. They will appear in the form of pop-ups, banners, links, coupons, interstitial ads, and so on. It is important that you keep in mind that these ads are not endorsed by the software, so they could be unsafe and lead you to corrupted sites. We advise that you avoid all advertisements until you get rid of Search.safefinder.info.
How to remove Search.safefinder.info?
In order to eliminate Search.safefinder.info from your browsers, you will have to uninstall Safe Finder from your PC and your browser extensions first. Once you do that, fixing your browser settings should not be a problem. You can complete Search.safefinder.info removal manually or automatically. If you choose the first option, you are welcome to use the instructions we have prepared below the article. If, on the other hand, you pick the more reliable solution, you will need to implement a malware removal tool. The anti-malware, which you can download from our site, will erase Search.safefinder.info, its related program, and other unwanted components. It will also stay useful even after you terminate Search.safefinder.info as it comes with real-time online protection and other beneficial features.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.safefinder.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.safefinder.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.safefinder.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.safefinder.info and related programs.
Remove Search.safefinder.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.safefinder.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.safefinder.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.safefinder.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.safefinder.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.safefinder.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.safefinder.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.safefinder.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.safefinder.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.safefinder.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.